• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keep the small block?

My '74 has a stock 318 2bbl in it... I couldn't be happier with it. Reliable as hell, certainly not the fastest, but quick enough when I need it to be. I would go the Frankenteen route myself... this thread is making me think about tweaking my stock engine a bit.

Once again I'm going to respectfully disagree with Bruzilla. Putting in a big block because you know you won't drive it much anyway has a flipside. I didn't think I'd drive my Charger much, but when I realized that the gas mileage is 15-18, I started driving it MORE. I drive my Mopar at least twice a week, but I could drive it every day and afford the gas. The more you can drive your car the better. That's what they're made for.

My a/c still works and I would hate to readapt to a big block. The summer in northern Ky. is about 92 with 100% humidity. so I think I will keep it a teen for comfort. And to add I have 6 to 8 kids I am raising so time is not on my side. All these kids are not mine but I stepped up when my relatives decided they had other worries than their kids. I am a sucker or know I am the only chance for these kids.

Auto Transport Service
Back