• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kentucky Clutch

haywire 440

Full Speed Ahead
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
I’m having a stock rebuild of a ‘65 Chrysler 413 300L car that came with a 4-speed. The stock clutch assembly I wanted to stay with. So I found this place and decided to have the stock Borg and Beck clutch rebuilt by Kentucky Clutch. I sent this plate and disk to them last Friday. This may be of interest to members here including @moparedtn

IMG_3296.png

IMG_3294.png

On Monday I received a call from them letting me know it arrived and asked what level of performance I was looking for. I told them stock.

I was told it would be finished later that day so payment was complete. It was $165 plus $35 for UPS shipping.
Today, Wednesday, my clutch arrived back and man I was surprised. Nicely surprised!

It was a Super job, with a friction plate lining from Mexico, a new looking pressure plate, a new throw out bearing, a thrust bearing and an alignment tool. I didn’t even know all that came with the rebuild package.

IMG_3285.jpeg

IMG_3286.jpeg

IMG_3287.jpeg

IMG_3288.jpeg

IMG_3289.jpeg

IMG_3290.jpeg

IMG_3291.jpeg

IMG_3292.jpeg

It cost $35 to send it to them but I think it was worth it because these B&B clutch packages are unavailable now.
So one more item is really for the installation.

Cant be any worse than all the other reman crap out there. As responsive and timely as they were I suspect good workmanship and quality.

I’m having a stock rebuild of a ‘65 Chrysler 413 300L car that came with a 4-speed. The stock clutch assembly I wanted to stay with. So I found this place and decided to have the stock Borg and Beck clutch rebuilt by Kentucky Clutch. I sent this plate and disk to them last Friday. This may be of interest to members here including @moparedtn

View attachment 1483251

View attachment 1483252

On Monday I received a call from them letting me know it arrived and asked what level of performance I was looking for. I told them stock.

I was told it would be finished later that day so payment was complete. It was $165 plus $35 for UPS shipping.
Today, Wednesday, my clutch arrived back and man I was surprised. Nicely surprised!

It was a Super job, with a friction plate lining from Mexico, a new looking pressure plate, a new throw out bearing, a thrust bearing and an alignment tool. I didn’t even know all that came with the rebuild package.

View attachment 1483253

View attachment 1483254

View attachment 1483255

View attachment 1483256

View attachment 1483257

View attachment 1483258

View attachment 1483259

View attachment 1483260

It cost $35 to send it to them but I think it was worth it because these B&B clutch packages are unavailable now.
So one more item is really for the installation.
Thank you for the heads up, I really appreciate it.
11" 18 spline is a tough gig anymore; I don't even know anyone offering a reman.

I don't have cores to send anyone either - I sure won't use the Ram one in Fred now; I want that thing gone.

Cant be any worse than all the other reman crap out there. As responsive and timely as they were I suspect good workmanship and quality.
The turnaround was outstanding.

Thank you for the heads up, I really appreciate it.
11" 18 spline is a tough gig anymore; I don't even know anyone offering a reman.

I don't have cores to send anyone either - I sure won't use the Ram one in Fred now; I want that thing gone.
Your previous description on other threads was the catalyst to finding KY Clutch.

Maybe a swap meet or a want ad would produce a core for you Ed.
Heck, maybe KY has a core!

Auto Transport Service
Back