• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kickdown linkage 68 Road Runner

68RR440

Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
I have a 68 road runner with a 440, I'm trying to get the car drivable it's been sitting for a few years. It needs kickdown linkage, I don't know what years and models are interchangeable? Are 440 and 383 linkage the same? Would linkage from any bigblock b-body be compatible? I'm going to try and source the linkage from a salvage yard I checked out over the weekend and if I can't find the stuff there I'll wait till the swapmeets in the fall. Thanks

Some pieces interchange between 383 and 440 others don't due to the RB on the 440. You can use pieces from other years but should have all the pieces from one set if you are going that route including the trans lever. If you get the linkage from a truck or C-Body you may have firewall or other clearance adjustment issues. Good luck with the interchange and should you decide to use original pieces PM me i have them

Auto Transport Service
Back