• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kickdown options (besides full manual valve body) for Drive by Wire

dickdale

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Besides a full manual valve body, which options are there when using Drive by Wire?

- DIYHEMI uses the 2003-2004/Mercedes TPS which uses the stock gas pedal and adds an other box.

Any other options??

Last edited:
I mounted a Lokar kickdown cable into the factory gas pedal assembly, minus the pedal. The Drive by wire pedal pushes on that. I posted pics somewhere on here. I'll look.

pedal (2).jpg

Thanks for you reply and picture. Do you have a picture from the side?

Can the pedal go all the way down?
This would be a great and easiest option.

Interesting...

I do have one other pic. That was mock-up. I've since sent the car out for paint, so it's out of the car. You can see the Lokar cable mounts to the original throttle hole with zero modifications. It has a full range of motion with the electric pedal placed over top like that. The pedal that comes in the new kits has that slight jog to the left, making it perfect. I have the part number if needed.

charger gas 2 (2).jpg

Thanks. I'm going with the Holley Terminator X Max for a controller.

Just an FYI. My pedal was mounted to its base upside-down. Swapped it no problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back