• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kids today.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
So my wife was asking me what we should get our oldest son for Christmas. Me, thinking he's on his own now and living in an apartment needs his own set of tools. So I steer her towards a decent Craftsman socket set. Well, last weekend he finally decided to come over and get his gifts. He opens the Craftsman set and immediately asks my wife why in the hell did she get him a socket set. My wife started crying because this shithead decided to be a dick instead of gracefully accepting the gift. I stepped up and said well since you are on your own now, I thought a good set of tools would be a great gift for you. Since you lack anything other than hand tools that you used to use for electrical work.

He said why do I need tools when I have you to fix stuff. I shook my head and walked away. What a moron. This is my oldest kid and stepson. At 24 years old I guess he thinks dad is always going to fix his **** for him which is not really my gripe. The fact that he was an ungrateful shithead to his mother is what got under my skin. I gave him his first car a pile of crap Honda Accord, sold that and got him a newer 2003 Honda civic. Installed a head gasket on that car so that he could drive a better car. Then traded that for a 2010 Chevy Cobalt which is what he is still driving now. When the time comes that the Cobalt needs work I will tell him to come over and bring his tools because he is going to learn how to use them.

I call this generation the Candy Butt generation. I have not saw anything from our yutes that has impressed me in a very long time.

So my wife was asking me what we should get our oldest son for Christmas. Me, thinking he's on his own now and living in an apartment needs his own set of tools. So I steer her towards a decent Craftsman socket set. Well, last weekend he finally decided to come over and get his gifts. He opens the Craftsman set and immediately asks my wife why in the hell did she get him a socket set. My wife started crying because this shithead decided to be a dick instead of gracefully accepting the gift. I stepped up and said well since you are on your own now, I thought a good set of tools would be a great gift for you. Since you lack anything other than hand tools that you used to use for electrical work.

He said why do I need tools when I have you to fix stuff. I shook my head and walked away. What a moron. This is my oldest kid and stepson. At 24 years old I guess he thinks dad is always going to fix his **** for him which is not really my gripe. The fact that he was an ungrateful shithead to his mother is what got under my skin. I gave him his first car a pile of crap Honda Accord, sold that and got him a newer 2003 Honda civic. Installed a head gasket on that car so that he could drive a better car. Then traded that for a 2010 Chevy Cobalt which is what he is still driving now. When the time comes that the Cobalt needs work I will tell him to come over and bring his tools because he is going to learn how to use them.

:thumbsup:

If he called me when it's time to fix the Cobalt I'd be telling him to "fix it on your own using the socket set your mother bought you".
He wouldn't be bringing the car over to me, even if he was helping.

The young man is still that young. There is time and you can't give up on them.
I have terrific children.
My youngest can fix anything he's 24.
dZdp4jgqYc6XEvtEmI9aN8a_9EBMxZwIri6cEqdiNcPNZ_FbbwZXfsv7esJ3lnSssR7_oRLc=w678-h903-no?authuser=0.jpg

Get him a repair book for his Colbalt and move. I call them the ”what have you done for me lately” generation.

Sounds like you've given him too much over the years! Your Wife's feelings were really hurt.
That sucks. He needs a Tune-Up!

Sounds like a spoiled brat. Time to let him buy and fix his own ****. No gifts next Christmas either unless it's a lump of coal.

That sucks to hear... My oldest built me this woodshed when he was 20 for me in December at night after working 11 hours a day doing construction and then on weekends for a month.. I never asked he just thought to do it. Literally out there in freezing temps with lights. Very happy with him and his work ethic.

DSCN2841.JPG DSCN1533.JPG

That sucks to hear... My oldest built me this woodshed when he was 20 for me in December at night after working 11 hours a day doing construction and then on weekends for a month.. Literally out there in freezing temps with lights. Very happy with him and his work ethic.

View attachment 1227949 View attachment 1227951
Thanks for rubbing in the alcohol into the still open sore.. LOL :lol:

I just got an offer on my 79k house for 225k really thinking about selling it and moving. That will teach him lol..

Honestly, I didn't mean it like that at all. l was just letting you know it's not all Kid's today.
I know I was kidding. Its great that some kids have ambition hats off to your kids that put forth the effort. My other son is good to go and willing to do anything. My daughter is well, a smaller version of my wife and just as much of a pain in the ***. I still have hope for my 2 that I helped create.

I don't care what the gift is, you accept it graciously. Hopefully there will come a day that he decides it was a great present and apologizes to his mother and you.

Thats pretty shitty to act that way to his mother. You handled things a LOT better than I would have. Sorry you have to deal with that situation...
I cant believe how the much into gaming some of the younger crowd is in. Some of what I've seen is really impressive, I'm not into it though. There are a group of 20-30 year olds at my plant that play 8hrs plus a day. Thats rediculous to me...
One of these guys needed a fuel neck for his rotted 02 blazer and was scrounging junkyards cuz he said he didn't have the $ for a new one. I had a blazer(98) in the past. Going through my drawers a week or so later found a Hayes manual for the blazer from when I first got it. Took it to work & handed it to him. He gave me an odd look. A few hours later when I was walking by he handed me the book and says "my blazer is an 02, this wont work". I said "they were mostly the same just minor changes, still lotsa valuable info". The book only went to 2000 cuz that musta been when it was published. I said "toss it out if you wont use it, I dont need it" & he did, right in the trash can. Later I overheard him in the lunchroom telling the gaming group he just got the new game they were all playing after work...and he still hadn't fixed the blazer.
Not cool & lost all respect for him...
Different times for sure...

Last edited:
Don’t give up, seems if he’s on his own, he’s learned some responsibility.
Some of the kids take a little longer to raise and teach good manners than others
Hey… at least he’s not living in your basement!

Yep they are special sorry Im raising my 17 yr old grandson and he doesnt to crap.

Auto Transport Service
Back