• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kinda Pissed At My Suspension Shop

Another thing you can do to confirm it wasn't replaced is to look at the torsion bar end at the cross member (spring clip) and the pivot shaft nut where's there's a cotter pin to see if they were disturbed.

Good luck!

Look at the back of,the bars where they go,through the crossmember.
Are the clips in place At the rear?
How do the boots look? Dirty, clean, old and dirty?
Does it look like that area was apart?

Look at the back of,the bars where they go,through the crossmember.
Are the clips in place At the rear?
How do the boots look? Dirty, clean, old and dirty?
Does it look like that area was apart?

Yeah, basically everything was replaced. Ball joints, tie rods, bushings and 1.03 Hotchkis torsion bars. All the rest of the suspension looks new so it was definitely apart.

I have been texting with the guy from the shop, and he is wondering now if the LCA's were torqued with suspension hanging instead of on the ground. :BangHead:

Check out the strut rod bushing for play. If it was moving from braking it can rip out the lower control arm bushing.

Replacing the LCA bushing is a pain but easy with the right tools. Shop press and the right size pipes are a must.

See attached pic of my passenger side bushing I replaced about 13 years ago. While I don’t put a lot of miles on the car, I do take it out often and sometimes on 50-80 mile cruises. The LCAs were painted to simulate Cosmoline coating. Looks like your bushings were not replaced based on the dirt accumulation.
Ron

image0.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back