• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Laconia. 7 dead MC.

UPDATE:

The trucker accused of killing seven motorcyclists in New Hampshire was high on drugs and reaching for a drink at the time of the deadly crash, according to a report from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.

The report obtained through a public records request from the Herald said that Volodymyr Zhukovskyy tested positive for an unspecified drug that made him “incapable of safe operation” when his pickup truck and trailer crashed into the bikers.

The report also states that Zhukovskyy “claimed to have been reaching for a beverage on the passenger side of the vehicle” just before he crossed over the double solid yellow lines. The report did not state what type of beverage Zhukovskyy reached for.

Zhukovskyy, 23, of West Springfield was employed with Westfield Transport Inc. at the time of the accident and has pleaded not guilty to negligent homicide in the crash.

The seven bikers that died were part of the Jarheads Motorcycle Club, a group that includes Marines and their spouses.

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration data shows Westfield Transport Inc. faced over 60 violations over the last 24 months.

The company’s out-of-service rate is nearly 21% — a figure nearly four times greater than the national average of 5.5%.

Federal records show the company has faced seven violations for unsafe driving, including speeding. The company also faced two violations in March of last year, reported in Massachusetts and Vermont, of drivers who had narcotic drugs or amphetamine.

A lawyer for Zhukovskyy could not immediately be reached for comment. A spokeswoman for the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office said the office could not comment on the report, citing the ongoing investigation and prosecution.

In May, Connecticut prosecutors said Zhukovskyy was arrested in a Walmart parking lot after failing a sobriety test. Zhukovskyy’s lawyer in that case, John O’Brien, said he denies being intoxicated and will fight the charge.

Massachusetts investigators later determined the Registry of Motor Vehicles hadn’t been acting on thousands of out-of-state notifications about serious driving violations.

Thanks for the update RC. The jerk deserves LIFE minimum, nothing less! The company he worked for should be shut down and owner(s) should be prosecuted to the fullest for the violations. This will drag on in the courts for a long time since the system is slow on these kind of cases........there will be no satisfaction for the living relatives since you cannot replace those that were lost to this asshole.

Thanks for the update RC. The jerk deserves LIFE minimum, nothing less! The company he worked for should be shut down and owner(s) should be prosecuted to the fullest for the violations. This will drag on in the courts for a long time since the system is slow on these kind of cases........there will be no satisfaction for the living relatives since you cannot replace those that were lost to this asshole.
I agree, the only thing I want to hear from the judge are letters...not numbers

I have lost countless friends to this same type of **** show. There is no form of restitution that will ever bring comfort to those left behind. We live in a world where no one feels for anyone but themselves. How many time do you hear, remember the good old days, well my friends, they were the good old days, yes we were pulling the dead out of Vietnam and before that it was in Korea and my heart bleeds for that but, throughout that at least home felt safe. People today running around shooting the **** out each other for no good reason except I'm mad and upset and now it's your turn to feel my pain. For those that died on those bikes the pain is over for them, for us it's just started. RIP.

Where are the politicians screaming about the mindless murders and wanting to ban trucks?

Things like this make me wonder if I want to go back to riding.

Where are the politicians screaming about the mindless murders and wanting to ban trucks?

Things like this make me wonder if I want to go back to riding.

I gave up riding in 1981 when a woman made a U-turn right in front of me & I had nowhere to go but into her left front fender at 35 mph.

There are more cars on the road today & cell phones and distracted driving (texting & phone calls) make drivers more dangerous than ever. I loved riding, but the love of it just doesn't outweigh the risks.

I will never ride again!! Every day I see people who are so busy doing everything but driving. We can debate my thinking and even say, well life goes on, it's not worth it for me anymore. As I said before, for the riders there is no pain anymore, it's those left behind. I don't think my wife can handle one more tragic death....

Last edited:
I will never ride again!! Every day I see people who are so busy doing everything but driving. We can debate my thinking and even say, well life goes on, it's not worth it for me anymore. As I said before, for the riders there is no pain anymore, it's those left behind. I don't think my wife can handle one more tragic death....

I gave up riding in 1984... Around midnight I was waiting at a red light, there was a CHP waiting to make a left on the overpass to my left.. Suddenly I hear squealing tires behind me & I sense that the car sliding toward me isn't gonna stop.. I gun the bike & run the red... The 69 Ford Galaxy slides ten feet into the intersection... The CHP lights them up & I roll back over.. Four "Hispanic" guys all drunk as skunks.... If the driver hadn't locked the tires I wouldn't have known to get outta the way.... I love riding, but I love living more....

I Hope this asshole spends the rest of his life behind bars...

Sure glad those of us who've served & defended our nation keeping it safe do our part so the politicians can take our freedom & safety away....

This happened about a mile down the street from my place, at a particularly dangerous, if not the only dangerous spot in the road. Even after all of this time, there are still memorials in one form or another for miles in either direction. People are still coming from miles around to visit the standing memorial where the accident happened, to pay their respects. It hit folks pretty hard.

Auto Transport Service
Back