• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Landy's Family with My Coronet

Mike Gaines

Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
Here is a very recent picture of the Landy Family taken with my Dodge Coronet at the this year's March Meet, Famosa California Drag Strip. They found my Coronet quite interesting as it was somewhat similiar to their Dad's Car (Dick).
I was quite honored when they stopped by and talked about the car with me.
Shown in the picture are Dick Landy's 2 sons, his daughter and 1 grandson. When they walked up to car I thought I was seeing things....I told both the guys they happen to look just like Dick Landy....they responded...we should...we are his 2 sons...wow. Landys at MM.jpg

Family of drag racing royalty

Honest Mike?
You really asked them that question?
How nice is that!

So cool..
Gee, I was there Saturday, I didn't know you were there
See you in September?

"mark"

Honest Mike?
You really asked them that question?
How nice is that!

So cool..
Gee, I was there Saturday, I didn't know you were there
See you in September?

"mark"

I did ask him that....he thought it was quite natural to be asked that question, and YES, I was racing at the March Meet.
I will be and every Famoso Drag Strip race from June 15 till the end of the year (my new motor wont be done until June 5 or so)especially the Big MOPAR RACE June 26.27,28

Cool
I'll head there and see you race soon
I will be there for the Fall meet

yup, clearly "one" can see the look-a-like !

Auto Transport Service
Back