• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Laser rust removal tool

mosquito13

Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
burning surface rust but its cool regardless evil.jpghttps://www.facebook.com/Ads305Miami/videos/1033660573358655/

Saw this the other day. $200k or something like that? I`ll have to wait till the price comes down and buy it at harbor freight! lol

380K for the 500 Watt model. I can buy alot of sand for 380K! WTF? Can you imagine accidently shooting your Buddy with that thing?Wonder what kind of voltage and amperage you need to run it? You can rent the 500 Watt unit for $7000.00/Week.

It's even higher. According to Adapt Laser Systems, the hand held version that you see is $480,000.

Affordable perhaps, if you're stripping aircraft finish from an F-16 that needs repairs, but not so much for your old DeSoto.

It's even higher. According to Adapt Laser Systems, the hand held version that you see is $480,000.

Affordable perhaps, if you're stripping aircraft finish from an F-16 that needs repairs, but not so much for your old DeSoto.

How much to rent it for 2 hours

It won't leave the surface with a nice profile for painting like Media Blasting does (if your blaster is worth anything that is).

The site actually does state that the settings are variable from a smooth finish if desired, to a rougher texture if more bite is needed.

"Depending on the chosen energy level, the laser can remove oxides with or without creating a surface profile."

Don't worry Donny, I'm sure it will be far too costly to be any competition for you. And when the price comes down, you'll probably get one yourself. No blasting media to buy, clean and recycle, pick up or remove from the vehicle would be a bonus for you I'm sure. Some of the operating prices were in Euros but it translated to under a dollar an hour to power the device including the vacuum to suck up the oxide vapors.

Donny better keep a watchful eye on this one.
If the EPA has the power to tell farmers thier cows can not fart, media can not be far behind.

Strip cars on the weekdays, hair removal on the weekends,,,,lol

Auto Transport Service
Back