• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late B Body Big Block Spool type conversion mounts for a Gen 3 Hemi

m79ded

Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
I have a 79 Magnum XE that I swapped a big block into many years ago, but also doing that with a 74 Charger Big Block K member so that it all fit the 440 correctly. Now I want to put a 6.1 that a recently acquired and although there are conversion mounts from a Small block to Gen3, I have yet to see one for a Big block Spool type to Gen 3. Anyone aware of any? also aside from headers what are the best manifolds to use in terms of fitment and performance. Thanks in advance

Ok sorry I didn't read your post correctly. That said, I think that the K frame is the same between big blocks and small blocks with the difference being in the mounts themselves. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem to make sense that there would be 2 different K frames but I could be wrong.

I know that in previous A, B and E bodies there were PN differences between the various engines with regards to the K frames but with the exception of the /6 and the 426 Hemi the K frames would take small or big blocks, I put a lot of 440's into 318 cars over the years.

Ok sorry I didn't read your post correctly. That said, I think that the K frame is the same between big blocks and small blocks with the difference being in the mounts themselves. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem to make sense that there would be 2 different K frames but I could be wrong.

I know that in previous A, B and E bodies there were PN differences between the various engines with regards to the K frames but with the exception of the /6 and the 426 Hemi the K frames would take small or big blocks, I put a lot of 440's into 318 cars over the years.
Unlike the 66-72 B-body K-members that fit SB and BB not including the Hemi the 73-up B-body platform has a BB and a SB k-member along with a BB and SB passenger side inner fender.

I'm in the same boat. 73 Charger with BB K frame. I have found nothing either. I am fixing to source a SB K frame and get this build going.

I'm in the same boat. 73 Charger with BB K frame. I have found nothing either. I am fixing to source a SB K frame and get this build going.
I was thinking the same thing or I have a buddy that can copy the SB K-member mounting positions this way avoiding lengthy K-Member swap. Either way let me know what outcome is Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back