• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf spring bushing removal help

Moparguy1

Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
I have a set of super stock leaf springs that I am trying to remove the old rubber bushings from to install new ones. What is the best way to remove the old ones? I don't really want to burn them out if I can keep from it. I have sprayed them with PB Blaster and hammered on them and they have not budged. Any help would be appreciated.

Front big eye bushings?
Hum. Got a press?
If not start drilling the rubber out till you can gnaw at the outer sleeve with a chisel or something.

I got tired of beating on things. It never works. Springs back or ruins the seal during installation.
Bought one of these years ago.
http://www.harborfreight.com/6-ton-a-frame-bench-shop-press-1666.html

Yes, the front eye bushings. I have a press but it is not at my house, it is in storage due to not having the room at home for it. I might be able to use a small press though if that will work.

Well I got one of them out but do I need to remove the metal piece that is between the rubber and the spring it self?

You likely need to get it out. What bushings are you installing?

I take a chisel, fold the sleeve in on itself and it will fall out or can be pulled out easily.

You likely need to get it out. What bushings are you installing?

I take a chisel, fold the sleeve in on itself and it will fall out or can be pulled out easily.

I bought a set of poly bushings from Mancini Racing but I am not sure of the brand. Thank you all for the help.

If the bushing doesn't have the sleeve on the outside, leave the one in the spring eye. The urethane one should slide inside the oem sleeve.

Auto Transport Service
Back