• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf Spring Sliders

robinsonwr

Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
Can someone educate me on the placement of the slider? Can these be used on a street car? I was thinking the front most part of the slider must be in align with the original shackle hole in the frame rail. Does this sound correct?

Budnicks,
Originally I wanted to run a XHD Spring with solid front eye bushing, rear slider kit, adjustable pinion snubber and 7/8" sway bar on the rear of my 66" Satellite. Is this overkill for a street car that will occasionally see the track? I want this thing to hook and not play when I bolt on the slicks if you know what I mean.

I like the slider and wish I would have put them on my car. Still thinking of changing over to them ?!?
I think in your set up the sway bar is over kill and may hamper transfer ?
The sliders do lower the car a bit but will let the spring move very free. As long as you keep them clean !
The good one's use roller bearings also. Plus if you moveing your spring in thay fit nice.

Mainly a street car? How bout going with the poly bushings instead? You will have to service the bearings on the sliders more often too and the front solid bushings will be harsh and noisy.

Budnicks,
Originally I wanted to run a XHD Spring with solid front eye bushing, rear slider kit, adjustable pinion snubber and 7/8" sway bar on the rear of my 66" Satellite. Is this overkill for a street car that will occasionally see the track? I want this thing to hook and not play when I bolt on the slicks if you know what I mean.

yes it can help free up some spring movement, But the sway bar will probably hamper your ability to hook at as well @ the track some, I would think anyway, but I always disconnected my sway bars & tied them up or took them completely off, when at the track, especially if it's only going to the track occasionally... but also with the rear leaf sliders on the street & in corners, with the sway bars connected, it will help your rear suspension some, helps to aid the leafs to travel in a more true arch... I've only put about 15k miles on a set of Mancini Racing's supplied sliders, on my last 68 RR I sold a few years ago, I'm not sure 100% how long they will actually last street driven allot, I used them with Calvert CalTrac & mono leafs too... I doubt they are made for high mileage or all weather "All conditions", type daily driving or driving in dirt or gravel etc. & last for any length of time... But they are used by dirt track guys with leaf springs also, not sure how often they change them either... good luck, sorry I can't help more

Attachments

• MRE 22 inch $67.95 Rear Spring Front Hanger Brackets.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 453
  • MRE Leaf Spring Sliders.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 481
  • Calvert CalTracs split mono leaf $379 pr. 200-225lb rating #1.jpg
    Calvert CalTracs split mono leaf $379 pr. 200-225lb rating #1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 434
Mainly a street car? How bout going with the poly bushings instead? You will have to service the bearings on the sliders more often too and the front solid bushings will be harsh and noisy.

Cranky,
This will not be a daily driver by far. Probably a weekend and cruise night car with the occassional blast at the track. I think it unanamous regarding the rear sway bar. Would the set up work better with 3800# SS springs? I know the ride will be harsh but I think it can be managable with the limited stret duty it will see, right? What about the sliders, adjustable snubber, SS springs and poly front eye bushings instead of solid bushing?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Budnicks,
When you mounted the sliders did you mount them flush to the frame rail or angle them toward the front? Also I read the spring eye should be three quarters of the way to the rear of the sliders with car weight on the spring. I would appreciate any help in installation tips or placement you can indulge.

at the angle like the drawing shows, thru the front & rear mounting points, I used a string to determine the angle, before I disassembled it & a angle finder at the intersecting points, to see what the actual angle was, then fab mounts accordingly, make sure to check you location for ride height, measure it take note, if you want your ride height to be the same, higher or lower adjust/fab the mounts accordingly... I mounted my spring eyelets in the center...

Auto Transport Service
Back