• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaving California has been great for me so far....

I am back for the weekend to pick up my last two engines. I feel for Southern California right now. when I walk outside it smells like a fireplace. Ill always miss the good food, friends and the weather. Wont miss the fires. Or this........

CB7E82D4-C7F3-4975-9040-C57809162245.jpg

And you're liking Shepard?? The area where I live used to be somewhat country near the big city but now after living here since 63, it's getting way too crowded but not too sure I'd want to move to Shepard lol
Only good part of Shepherd is it is rural, sorta. Has 1 traffic light in entire county. Rurral to be is no neighbors withn 5 mi. any direction. Just right.
I was raised in SW Ga and same heat with humidity as here, little breeze (wind) and NO I really do not care for SE Tx per say. I would not give a nickel for the entire city of Houston nor adjoining counties!! My wife was raised around Llano but we will never afford to live there ( on like more than 3 ac).
I lived in rural Missouri from '79 to 3 years ago. Love it. Only reason I am here is I have the absolute best wife in the entire world. She will be 65 next summer and we will go further West and North! I might have to drag her off by her hair screaming the whole way!!! ha

Oh I can't stand Houston either! I'm in far north east Pasadena right in the corner of Deer Park and La Porte city limit lines and even though it's grown a lot, it was still somewhat decent. Growth slowed down many years ago but it's been booming here in the last 5-10 and it's sucking now.

I am back for the weekend to pick up my last two engines. I feel for Southern California right now. when I walk outside it smells like a fireplace. Ill always miss the good food, friends and the weather. Wont miss the fires. Or this........

View attachment 849660
I have friends in SoCal. I was born in San Diego but we left when I was a child. I feel sad for the honest, hard-working Californians.

Auto Transport Service
Back