• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lefty loosey?

cwhubb

Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
Which way does the crank bolt turn to remove it? I'm trying to do it with a breaker bar and no luck either way. I up graded tp a 2ft 3/4 bar, the 1/2 inch wont be down for dinner RIP

CCW as stated, 100-135 ft/lb so use an impact to remove.

Thats what I thought, I'll load it up in the truck and take it to someone with a impact. its not budging. Thanks for your help Don

Really? Try soaking it in penetrating lube, and then heating it up a bit.

If you can put some heat on the bolt head quickly, you'll make the bolt expand and reduce
the clamping force on the damper. It should rip right out of there!

I've had great success doing this. Pull the plugs out, get the bar/socket on the bolt, have the bar contact the left frame rail then bump the starter with the ignition switch. Easy peasy.

I've had great success doing this. Pull the plugs out, get the bar/socket on the bolt, have the bar contact the left frame rail then bump the starter with the ignition switch. Easy peasy.
the engine isnt installed in a car

update... I got the bolt out. I sprayed it with blaster then used a 1 1/4 6 point socket, a 2ft 3/4 breaker bar with a 2 ft pipe on it and muscled it off.

update... I got the bolt out. I sprayed it with blaster then used a 1 1/4 6 point socket, a 2ft 3/4 breaker bar with a 2 ft pipe on it and muscled it off.
Thanks for the follow-up
:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back