• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legendary does not make seat covers for Station Wagons?

68fourdoorSat

Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
Strange, did I get the right answer from them?
1969 Satellite Wagon. Front bench seat.
I wanted to purchase the front seat bottom and front seat back covers.
I was told the wagon bench seat is larger and they don’t make them.
I was told they only make seat covers for sedans and convertibles.
Are the Wagon bench seats larger?
Has anyone else had the same answer from them?

IDK about larger.

I'm pretty sure 4 door and wagon are the same.

At least 66/67.

They don't make the 3rd seat cover, though if you have that.

You could order it and have an upholsterer re-work it to fit. I did that years ago on a project and it worked out great

I am sure that 4-door sedan and wagon front seats are identical, at least '66 and '67, that I am familiar with. Years ago, I built a one-of-none '67 Coronet R/T wagon. I used 1967 bucket seats with new Legendary covers in the front, with the fold down centre "buddy" seat. I wanted the rear seat to match, so I ordered the narrower convertible rear cover set (folding second seat back is narrower than normal sedan rear seat) and some extra matching skirt material, and had a local upholsterer put it all together for me. It looked factory made when it was done. The third seat in these wagons has a plain cover, so the seat can be used in either Dodge or Plymouth. The main difference between a 2-door and 4-door rear seat bottom is that the 2-door seat corners are squared off, while the 4-door ones are rounded, to ease getting in and out through rear door. Again, I think a good upholsterer should be able to modify. The rear seat backs should be the same between 2-door and 4-door sedans.

Yeah.

I just don't buy that they are different.

If anything, I could see the rear seat being slightly different because of the folding mechanism.

However, I thoroughly checked my 67 and found the cover to be identical to my 4D parts car.

A 2 door seat back is 2 pieces so it can fold forward.
A 4 door seat back is one piece across the car.

The bottom should be the same. A wider seat won’t fit in the car if you want to close the doors and adjust the seat track or get a seat belt on.

Last edited:
the front seat should be the same depending on 2 or 4 door at least I always sold them that way , never had a come back .

I used Legendary 4 door upholstery in my 64 Belvedere wagon and the seat was the same. I dont think the front seat on a wagon was different from a 4 door on any mopar.

They said they only make seat covers for sedans and convertibles.

If that is a 2 door sedan, as R413 stated, then no, they don't make a 4 door or wagon front seat cover.

I bought their 64 wagon/4 door sedan seat covers for my 64 as well, front bench straight across, one piece, doesn't fold, won't work on a 2 door.

They had 4 door upholstery the last time I looked.

But that was about 5 years ago.

Maybe they stopped.

...but if they told you a 4 door front seat is different than a wagon front seat because of width...

...I think they are wrong.

Auto Transport Service
Back