• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see those winter builds

Scott Kiger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
Here is mine. I bought this car a year ago. Been buying parts ever since. It was built several years ago but never finished. I have pretty much everything to put it together so it’s time to get the thing ready to build. Previous owner passed away before he could finish the car. I hate to do it but I am pulling all the “new” sheet metal out of the car and we are putting new black sheet metal in it after the chassis is cleaned up and painted. Going to put a chrome moly driveshaft tunnel in it, etc before painting the chassis. Should make a really nice bracket car when it’s finished and I know the previous owner will probably grin from on high when he sees it.

IMG_7348.jpeg

IMG_8721.jpeg

IMG_8722.jpeg

IMG_8716.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like it's going to be a WAR machine. It's a good thing that you consider and mention the previous owner who didn't get to finish it.
Very respectful of an earlier "steward's" care and investment in the car. I know what that's like now.
If I can, I hope to be the recipient of a well planned out and executed car for the track, in need of a motor.
I see some very reasonable race only or heavily race oriented rides in the market.

Here is a 63 that I never finished. Sold it to a guy awhile back in Tennessee.
Don't know if it ever got finished. Body and paint done,glass all in. It was caged and tubed needed driveline,wheel house tubs installed suspension and brakes. All those new parts went with the car.
Looks like yours will be mega fun when done !

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2309.jpeg
IMG_2301.jpeg
IMG_2281.jpeg
After 50 years I think my Charger is due for a front end rebuild. I’ve replaced a few parts and pieces over the years, but the current control arm bushings are probably original.

I found a local guy to repair my QA1 front shocks, they had some clearance issues. Just got them back today.

Then next month it will go to the chassis shop for ladder bars and a roll bar.

Here's mine. #40 Pete Hamilton Superbird
Wow, Extra WOW and...
:thumbsup: :lowdown: :lowdown: :lowdown:
I have to ask, because I never have in almost 33k posts:
How did YOU come to aquire such a special car?
Is there a "common" way that old track cars like that are shopped, offered, and procured?
I know of the race Daytona that is at Wellborn, but there's a LOT of "rare and special" there.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow, Extra WOW and...
:thumbsup: :lowdown: :lowdown: :lowdown:
I have to ask, because I never have in almost 33k posts:
How did YOU come to aquire such a special car?
Is there a "common" way that old track cars like that are shopped, offered, and procured?
I know of the race Daytona that is at Wellborn, but there's a LOT of "rare and special" there.
Thanks!
It's a clone I'm building. #40 Pete Hamilton Superbird build

Thanks and thanks much for the link.
Superbird-at the pinnacle of my GOAT list!

IMG_9136.jpeg
IMG_9134.jpeg
IMG_9139.jpeg
My 63 is coming along but it isn’t going to be done for the start of the season.

My chassis guy got this done in a week but it was in my trailer for a month because my garage was tied up.

IMG_2770.jpeg
IMG_2763.jpeg

Adding an inspection window to my Lakewood bellhousing.

IMG_2937.jpeg

My project went gangbusters for about 3 months with most everything falling into place...

Lately it has been 1 step forward and 3 steps back...

Only good thing about is I do still make forward progress here and there...

Top picture is December 17th of 2023...

Bottom picture is February 23rd of 2024...
IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3605.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back