• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's play "Guess what I found in my dumpster, today?" 1-13 edition-

FUNNY, I HAD MOST OF THOSE SAME 8-TRACKS BACK IN THE DAY:headbang:

Pull the tape out of the middle of the spool and wind it back on the outside of the roll?
Two words have come to mind.
"Design Fail".

Depends on if you think the following items are "cool":

Pistol Grips
Slap Sticks
Machine gun tips
Rallye wheels
Go Wings
Tuff wheels
HIP paint - not HIP but FE5
Cassette recorders - no recorder but AM/8 Track stereo
Elastomer colored bumpers
"Pop-up" Air Grabbers

My car has #1, #5, #6, #7, and #10. I'm a lucky guy!

Me too #1, #8, #10 ;)

70 RR My Fender tag BOOM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I liked the 8 tracks that I had back in the day. I liked the ability to change tracks whenever I wanted at the touch of the bottom and thought having to rewind or fast forward and search on a cassette was somewhat of a hassle. CD's now is a game changer however. :D

Sonny had a Spark-O-Matic 3 speed floor shift in my '55 chev...(yes I had a 265 pos) then a (POS 283) blew the both up!...JFYI
Had a 56 Chevy 2 dr post (210?) with a 265, Jardine headers, Eddy intake, small cam, 3 speed on the floor with the shifter hooked up backwards where you could 'pull' 2nd gear instead of pushing for it. Just had to be mind full of not grabbing reverse instead which my room mate did one day lol. Full out 2nd gear power shift and the tires were crying but the front end nosed over and the car was slowing down fast. Took a couple of seconds to realize what happened. Can't believe something didn't break lol. A month later I sold the car and the guy that bought it blew it up several months later and came back looking for 'sympathy' and got very little of that. Did say I'm sorry it happened....

Had a 56 Chevy 2 dr post (210?) with a 265, Jardine headers, Eddy intake, small cam, 3 speed on the floor with the shifter hooked up backwards where you could 'pull' 2nd gear instead of pushing for it. Just had to be mind full of not grabbing reverse instead which my room mate did one day lol. Full out 2nd gear power shift and the tires were crying but the front end nosed over and the car was slowing down fast.

your going to say I am Bull$hiting you...But my 55 was also upside down linkage!!!! where you could 'pull' 2nd gear instead of pushing for it!!! no fooling! I thought I was the only one with that "TRICK"!

Auto Transport Service
Back