• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lexan Pro Glass. DVW style

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Our well equipped factory has nothing but the best equipment. 30 year old Craftman jig saw. Harbor Frieght belt sander and a borrowed band saw. Now producing lightweight Lexan windows. Available exclusively for 62 Plymouth 4 door. Guaranteed fit. Oh and if you don't have enough Lexan. Dad has extra in stock. 9.2 lbs total.
Doug

41007.jpeg

41010.jpeg

41012.jpeg

Last edited:
:rofl: Oh wait, this isn't meant to be a joke??

Our well equipped factory has nothing but the best equipment. 30 year old Craftman jig saw. Harbor Frieght belt sander and a borrowed band saw. Now producing lightweight Lexan windows. Available exclusively for 62 Plymouth 4 door. Guaranteed fit. Oh and if you don't have enough Lexan. Dad has extra in stock. 9.2 lbs total.
Doug

View attachment 1430174

View attachment 1430179

View attachment 1430180
How thick is the lexan you're using? I need to make a drivers side for my 66 coronet.

You can get 1/8", 3/16", and 1/4". My racecar uses all 1/8". My sons front door windows were made from 3/16". The fixed rear windows 1/8". I've made vent windows from 1/4" The 3/16" fits the track better to go up and down and is less floppy. However my 1/8" door glass pulls up/down with a strap. just make sure it's no thicker than your factory stuff or it'll bind in the track.
Doug

Damn that thing is cool :)

And if i ever break my backwindow i know who i'm callin now :)

A 9 second mordoor! Cool! Is the fuel cell aluminum?
Damn that thing is cool :)

And if i ever break my backwindow i know who i'm callin now :)
I like to keep the back window stock....good place for a little weight to be but yeah, I would probably go with Lexan too if mine ever broke. Getting hard to find good back glass these days for some of these cars.

I like to keep the back window stock....good place for a little weight to be but yeah, I would probably go with Lexan too if mine ever broke. Getting hard to find good back glass these days for some of these cars.
Yeah.. i wont even attempt to remove my rear window.. it stresses me to think about something happening to it.. front is actually pretty easy to get still.

Yes aluminum cell. Previously this car was a small block turbo street car. Ran a best of 9.55@142. We'll see how the 485" big block motivates it. To be honest it probably has less power now. But it will be a lot lighter than the 3750 w/driver from before.
Doug

Yes aluminum cell. Previously this car was a small block turbo street car. Ran a best of 9.55@142. We'll see how the 485" big block motivates it. To be honest it probably has less power now. But it will be a lot lighter than the 3750 w/driver from before.
Doug
Just out of curiosity, how well did the small block holdup?

How thick is the lexan you're using? I need to make a drivers side for my 66 coronet.
Just a side note, the early cars had flat glass, the 66 coronet is curved. Makes it more interesting..

Just out of curiosity, how well did the small block holdup?
Ran for years until we finally hurt the #2 piston. It's been bored and is ready to go into the project Duster I'm working on. This will be a pure street car so it won't see as much boost as the 22psi we had it turned up to previously. At 16-17lbs it could go forever. Still the same stock block and stock cast crank.
Doug

Ran for years until we finally hurt the #2 piston. It's been bored and is ready to go into the project Duster I'm working on. This will be a pure street car so it won't see as much boost as the 22psi we had it turned up to previously. At 16-17lbs it could go forever. Still the same stock block and stock cast crank.
Doug
Jesus man.. you wanna build me a motor.. i'm doing everything wrong :) Just want a nice 550ish hp 360 that isn't too nasty driving around.. i would never expect a stock block to even take 16psi for much time.

Jesus man.. you wanna build me a motor.. i'm doing everything wrong :) Just want a nice 550ish hp 360 that isn't too nasty driving around.. i would never expect a stock block to even take 16psi for much time.
It's all in the tune. Nothing really very special. We went 10.99 the first time it ever went to the track. it's a 91 hyd roller 360 LA style block. 76mm turbo, 750 holley style blow thru E85 carb from Induction Solutions, factory heads with a little bowl work, stock rods w/ARP bolts, reground factory hyd roller cam to .500" lift, stock lifters and rods, Diamond 4.040" custom pistons, just over 9-1, MSD 6A digital and a trans brake and a 2.76, 8 3/4. Got it down to 10.60's. Then 3.23 gear and some more boost 10.0's. The last config; Stock 1/2 filled block with a girdle, stock cast crank, Ported Eddy heads, diamond pistons, eagle rods, .550 cam, crane gold rockers, 3.54 Dana. Several different converters from PTC. My Wife and Daughter-in-law both drove it on the street. Except for manual steering and manual disc it was normal until you hit the pedal.
Doug

It's all in the tune. Nothing really very special. We went 10.99 the first time it ever went to the track. it's a 91 hyd roller 360 LA style block. 76mm turbo, 750 holley style blow thru E85 carb from Induction Solutions, factory heads with a little bowl work, stock rods w/ARP bolts, reground factory hyd roller cam to .500" lift, stock lifters and rods, Diamond 4.040" custom pistons, just over 9-1, MSD 6A digital and a trans brake and a 2.76, 8 3/4. Got it down to 10.60's. Then 3.23 gear and some more boost 10.0's. The last config; Stock 1/2 filled block with a girdle, stock cast crank, Ported Eddy heads, diamond pistons, eagle rods, .550 cam, crane gold rockers, 3.54 Dana. Several different converters from PTC. My Wife and Daughter-in-law both drove it on the street. Except for manual steering and manual disc it was normal until you hit the pedal.
Doug

I had a blower on my FFR cobra, never played with turbos much but i loved that boost.. Almost want to forget a stroker and just put a torquestorm on my 318 til it lets loose... 5-6 pounds is plenty to have some fun for me.. not all of us dream of 8's :)

Just a side note, the early cars had flat glass, the 66 coronet is curved. Makes it more interesting..
Crap! I didn't think about that. Wonder if I can arc/bow a piece of sheet metal the same as the PS window and heat the lexan until its lays down. Guess I'll find out...

Auto Transport Service
Back