• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB LH / RH Chrome Lug Nuts for b-body 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentleman

Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

I´m looking for a nice set of 10x RH and 10x LH chrome lug nuts for my Roadwheels on a 68 b-body.

The Parts Numbers are:

1/2"-20 RH chrome lug nuts 2823848
1/2"-20 LH chrome lug nuts 2823849

Thanks a lot

They're available through various Mopar parts suppliers. Have you searched those vendors ?

Which brings up a thought. Do the repros have an "L" stamped into the lug nut ?

Which brings up a thought. Do the repros have an "L" stamped into the lug nut ?
Mhhh… i guess not. But some repro parts have the original casting part number on them. I guess the stamps are in there because they made individual by someone? Not sure.

Thanks for the reply.

I’m glad that I’m not like in school, and doing my homework….

I have found a couple of vendors that are offering the lug nuts in different price ranges and also different “looks”

So I would not call me lazy. I did my research. But that’s my opinion.

My research goes that far that some say, the lug nut needs a “pimple” on the top to be accurate and be factory correct for lug nuts that where used late 60 early 70. Others says they have the correct factory lug nuts without the “pimple” on top.

The question is, who’s right?

What I know, is that the LH ones have an L stamped on them to show that they got a left thread.

I totally forgot to add the word NOS. It would not happen again, after getting called lazy and stupid.

So maybe this will help:

Looking for a set of 10 LH Lug nuts and a set of 10 RH Lug nuts. I am preferring NOS or in very good shape.

The other option would be, somebody could tell me, with an evidence (photo or something else), what kind of lug nut was used. Without “pimple” or with… so I can buy them from the various vendors I already found.

Thanks folks.

Did you find OE ? I got a set of originals somewhere in the garage, I recall the L stamp. I'm curious if the repros have the L stamp.

No, I haven’t found OE, yet.

I also checked MMC Detroit, they mentioned that the original lug nuts have a dimple that protrudes out.

Reproduction dimple goes in.

The original LH lug nut should have an L on it. That’s what I’ve read.

I can only quote what I have read in books and on the internet. I wasn’t around that time, the cars were new…

@Cranky
I took care of it. Thanks for info.

Last edited:
No, I haven’t found OE, yet.

I also checked MMC Detroit, they mentioned that the original lug nuts have a dimple that protrudes out.

Reproduction dimple goes in.

The original LH lug nut should have an L on it. That’s what I’ve read.

I can only quote what I have read in books and on the internet. I wasn’t around that time, the cars were new…

@Cranky
I took care of it. Thanks for info.
Was wanting to talk to you about something different than your WTB ad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back