• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lights out

Thackdaddy

Local time
8:58 PM
Reaction score
Before I dive into this I wanted to get some input since I am clueless about electrical stuff.
Bright headlights only, no tail lights, do have brake lights, no marker lights, left turn signal works fine, right turn signal in front is fine but in the rear both left and right blink like I have the flashers on....thought?

Check ALL grounds, fuses & bulbs first. Grounds are a major trouble area if left un-checked. Next would most likely be your headlight switch & floor dimmer switch. (Dimmer switches seem to have wire connector melting problems & may have blown a fuse) Just my 2 cents.

^ Exactly - you said both left and right rear blink with the right signal? Very likely a ground. Watch the inside of the sockets as well, and once in a great while a rear bulb will cross a filament to the other one.

Thank you, I found one very loose ground already. When/if I find the problem I'll post a follow up.

Auto Transport Service
Back