• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lincoln 140 HD MIG Welder

Thackdaddy

Local time
8:00 AM
Reaction score
I hope posting this in not inappropriate but thought I would share a good deal with others. I noticed that Home Depot lowered the price on the Lincoln 140 HD MIG Welders and since I have been looking for a new welder I decided to jump on one, at check out I was given another $50.00 off if I signed up for a Home Depot card. So if your looking I thought $449.00 + tax for a brand new Lincoln 140 was a pretty good deal.

I have have had a 125 flux core for years that I used around the farm but now that I am back into the car hobby I wanted to be able to use gas. I played a little today with the 140 and it is nice.... So if your looking just a heads up.

I was looking at the Hobart 140 but the Lincoln 140 is a bit less expensive. Any opinions either way? 440'

I owned a Hobart 140 years ago and always regretted letting it go. I had the Hobart in the shop and the Lincoln 125 I would tote around, realizing I did not need both and never using gas I sold the Hobart....unwisely!

So IMO the Lincoln 140/Hobart 140 are both great welders and really are equal, shop for best price....just my .02

Personally I'd spend the extra for the Hobart. If you're only useing it on occasion the Lincoln will be fine.

Any of the new small portable welders need to be used alot when you first buy them just to put them through the paces. Do this before the warranty runs out. It wouldn't hurt to remove the cover on them and do a visual on their assembly. Check for loose wires, tight hardware and the like.

I have heard and seen a lot of issues with Lincoln welders. We had a program that paid/sponsored the use of all new Lincoln welders at one time throughout or shops. We mainly always used Millers. We are all back to Miller's only again. I personally have a Miller 135 for sheet metal and light duty jobs and a Miller 250 for suspension, frame and heavier duty jobs for home use. Both are over 25 years old and I bought them both used and have never had an issues with either. Currently. Looking for a Miller tight set up for at home also.

The Lincoln 140 Weld Pak is aimed both at the welder who is starting out on their MIG welding journey as well as the more experienced welder looking for a solid MIG welder that is portable and convenient to use.

I currently have a Lincoln 210MP. 110/220. I keep 030 wire in it. Its an inverter machine, I like it but its got a different feel than a transformer machine. BUT I still have my first MIG - a Century 90 amp MIG that I got at Costco 22 years ago. I have .023 or .025 wire in it and I still go to it for light sheetmetal work (uses gas). I can run that thing precise and bare need to grind. I do ALOT of body work. Practice everyone. Spend the time fitting your pieces and making sure everything is nice and clean.

Auto Transport Service
Back