• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Line lock- on rear brakes?

Well, the "Fred Astaire" footwork required to do a brake assisted burnout in the box with a manual transmission is beyond my capabilities, so that's why I have a line lock on my FRONT brakes. Also, my HitMaster launch control timer is setup to engage when the line lock button is released, and that should work out well, if when I finally make time to get back to the track.
Line lock On to hold car in place for box burnout. Off to roll up and stage, On once I'm staged and off to launch also activates the launch control.
I should have said when I started this thread that I'm running an auto trans. Sorry to everyone who wasted time talking about locks with manual trans. I think it's obvious to us all that lock out on rears with manual wouldn't be a good way to go, even if you were Fred Astaire, ha... I have decided to install it on the rear line. One reason is that it looks like it will be easier to install that way.. And NOT at all because I want to do show off burnouts. Public burnouts are not my style, anymore anyway. I did plenty in my younger years. In 1972 I did 1/8 mile long John force burnouts in front of my highschool every day, till the principal shut me down. My tires cost too much now to waste like that.

I should have said when I started this thread that I'm running an auto trans. Sorry to everyone who wasted time talking about locks with manual trans. I think it's obvious to us all that lock out on rears with manual wouldn't be a good way to go, even if you were Fred Astaire, ha... I have decided to install it on the rear line. One reason is that it looks like it will be easier to install that way.. And NOT at all because I want to do show off burnouts. Public burnouts are not my style, anymore anyway. I did plenty in my younger years. In 1972 I did 1/8 mile long John force burnouts in front of my highschool every day, till the principal shut me down. My tires cost too much now to waste like that.
Funny about high school. I think we all have a high school story. Lol.
Mine ended up in front of a judge.

Funny about high school. I think we all have a high school story. Lol.
Mine ended up in front of a judge.
I still have my high-school car.. and the glove box is still full of stunting and loud exhaust tickets ..
Spent quite a bit of time debating those..

Auto Transport Service
Back