• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little Education Needed

Virg464

Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
I have a chance at picking up an rear tail light assy for a 66-67 charger (don't know if they are the same part or not). This is the light assy that runs from one side to the other. The lens is beat up, but the bucket is complete (dirty but all there).
My question, since I don't know the early chargers very well, what is a part like that worth in daily driver condition?

If it was me I’d wanna see what it looks like behind the red lens. That pot metal likes to break down from neglect

Agree with above comment. Know the condition. The rear assy is a pot casting and is indeed subject to deterioration. If it's been sitting outside in the elements for the past 40 years, it's probably in rough shape with lots of pitting. If at all possible, check it out prior to purchase. I replaced just my rear lenses 10 years ago. Old ones were nice enough and certainly good driver condition, sold on E bay for $ 300.00.
Mine is a 66 Charger. Can't say for sure that a 67 assy. is identical to the 66, but I would expect it is. You don't see the complete assy. come up often unless someone is parting out a car.

On Fleabay there is a compete tail light assembly for $600 and a NOS lens for $2000. It's a good source to see what parts might be worth factoring in the seller is trying to make a profit.

Two years ago, I bought a complete driver, very attractive, for $250.

Agree with above comment. Know the condition. The rear assy is a pot casting and is indeed subject to deterioration. If it's been sitting outside in the elements for the past 40 years, it's probably in rough shape with lots of pitting. If at all possible, check it out prior to purchase. I replaced just my rear lenses 10 years ago. Old ones were nice enough and certainly good driver condition, sold on E bay for $ 300.00.
Mine is a 66 Charger. Can't say for sure that a 67 assy. is identical to the 66, but I would expect it is. You don't see the complete assy. come up often unless someone is parting out a car.
66-7 are the same.

The assembly is malleable, designed to be gently torqued to conform to the body.
So 1 gorilla cranking on it will bend all kinds of pieces of it. Check that the outer U's aren't pinched right in.

Yes check the pitting. Also check the mounting bolts, they tend to get broken.

Gorillas are a real problem.....been around way too many of them! I've always had a light touch when it can to plastics and cast stuff and was probably too light but rather be that way than too tight.

In case you pick up a used taillight housing and decide to buy new surround trim, this link is something I posted awhile ago. It still holds true.

Reproduction taillight chrome surround pieces

BTW, if you sign up for PG Classic's newsletter, they have sales pretty often.

Last edited:
PG Classic Discount Codes July 21-26

Save up to 20% on your orders from July 21 - 26, 2023

Use discount code SSWB908 during check out to apply the savings.

Promotional period runs from July 21 - 26, 2023 and requires a minimum purchase of $199.00 or more on eligible products.

--

OR up to 15% on your orders from July 21 - 26, 2023

Use discount code SSBB803 during check out to apply the savings.

Promotional period runs from July 21 - 26, 2023 and requires a minimum purchase of $99.00 or more on eligible products.

Auto Transport Service
Back