• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Load fuel pump

Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
Sorry, ment to say "Loud" I have a Carter electric fuel pump that is really starting to bother me. I was thinking of just getting a stock street hemi pump. I have a good 440 with two 500 cfm Carters. Is that the way to go or is there a better option. Trying not to remortgage my house.

Like beepbeepRR said try mounting it in rubber. I am running the same pump. I used MSD's isolators that they have for their ignition boxes.You still hear it at idle but not as much running down the road.

The other thing is to mount it to something solid like a frame rail. If mounted to a sheet metal panel ( trunk floor) it might resonate more. If thats where it is you can sandwhich a couple pieces of plate on both sides and tgat will help keep the vibrations ( noise ) from spreading out and amplifing.

Had a Carter electric pump for years whines more than I do. They have carter mechanical 110gph I believe.

It's mounted to the frame and it does have rubber isolated rubber mounts. The car is loud and no interior yet but even outside it's loud. I guess a Carter, Edelbrock or Holly mechanical pump would be pretty much equivalent in price and performance

Summit sells a edelbrock "quiet-flo" electric pump, claims to be 4-14 db quieter than the average. Not cheap, around $215. Street or street/strip versions.
If the noise bothers, the solution is a big gals/min mechanical pump, but the 110 gal versions aren't cheap either.
Im using a trickflow 140 that was reasonably priced, and came with a regulator. It's rubber mounted, quieter than a holley blue, but with a 3 1/2 exhaust, i cant hear it when the engine is running.

I'm not sure but it may have something to do with the fuel level. I filled it up today and l couldn't hear it driving, but car is "Loud" :)

Auto Transport Service
Back