• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Local 72 duster…what’s it worth?

The grill is a 72 standard grill...
I know anyone can throw an emblem on a grill, but I was always under the understanding that 1970 was the only year that the grill had the Plymouth emblem on it. '71 & '72 did not.
Standard grill for '72 looks like the OP's pic? Do tell please...

The grille emblem can be added or removed. The grille itself could have been swapped as well.

V8 car is a +

manual trans car is also a +

...but OP's intent negates both of those.

I know early A body cars can have rust issues in the cowl. Not entirely sure if that carried over past 66.
Check there. Get as much of your arm up into the interior vent as you can and feel around.

V8 car is a +

manual trans car is also a +

...but OP's intent negates both of those.

I know early A body cars can have rust issues in the cowl. Not entirely sure if that carried over past 66.
Check there. Get as much of your arm up into the interior vent as you can and feel around.
I was told it's not polite to cop a feel on the first date.....

My 72 Gold Duster had the Plymouth emblem in the middle of the grill. Same as pictured in the OP pic at the beginning. They are fragile as far as the plastic goes, so I can see a bunch of the Plymouth medallions getting lost over time.

Check the frame rails carefully.
Any money that snowballs into the A body would deplete the funds for your other car. I'm guessing there's lots of unseen rust, and the 72's love to rust around the taillight gaskets, so add that to the metal work list.

Last edited:
First off, I know this is an A body. I’m not really in the a body forums, so I figured it’s worth a shot here. Apologies if that’s against a rule being non b body.

I found this car on marketplace locally. It looks to be an original Texas car. Factory 318 three speed car. Floors are shot and it has no seats. Looks like the grill and hood will need to be replaced as well. Windshield needs replacing, and the passenger window needs to be replaced but one is included. It also does not have a title. There are a couple ways to go about that, but it’s effort.

It does have some sweet patina. It would be cooler if it was a 70-71…but it could be a cool ratty driver.

I could probably get it for $1000-1100. Is that a good price for what it is? I know mostly complete 70-71s are going for more…but the title issue might affect that.

View attachment 1533734

View attachment 1533735

View attachment 1533736

View attachment 1533737

View attachment 1533738

View attachment 1533739
"Leave the car, take the cannoli."

Jared, from the YouTube channel The Questionable Garage, put an LS, Coyote, and a late-model Hemi in a '71 Duster so he could compete at LS Fest, Ford Fest and MoParty in bowling Green on consecutive weekends. He did some things with that car that may interest you if you buy the '72. Watch the series at 1.5 playback speed and enjoy.

Auto Transport Service
Back