• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

locks and keys

74charger07ram

Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
On my 74 Charger the door key and the ing. key are the same and the trunk, glove box and console are the same key. Is this right? Thanks

Usually the ignition key is only for the ignition. The door/truck/glovebox/console are a shared key. But hey, all it takes is a locksmith to change that around. Who knows what someone did in the past.

That is correct for your car . Usealy people replaced just one in the set so you got lucky haveing a matched set .

What you have for your 74 is correct

Nothing at all matches anything on my car and I need a trunk lock. Once I get that I was going to take it to a locksmith and have him do his magic. Just wanted to make sure I knew what was right. Thanks

That's the way my 70 GTX and my 67 R/T are set up also. Trunk and glove box use one key and ign and door use the same key.

Auto Transport Service
Back