• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long 3 days

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
So my dog Thor was sick saturday so I thought no big deal. Well sunday still sick and went to the emergency vet and was there for 7 1/2 hours and they said he ate something and it rapped around his small intestine and said he needed surgery. He can stay the night and they would take him next door were they do surgery when they open monday morning. Cost $2000 and that was without a estimate for surgery I told them I would take him home. Was charged $640 for checking him out,xrays and a shoot . This morning took him to his regular vet and said they can take care of it in house. They called at 5 and said they wanted to operate because he did not pass it. So I hope it all gos well and my 2 year old puppy will be fine. Dam 3 months ago it was a torn ACL. I should of named him Mopar because he spent all my money :lol:. 10 years ago I would of had to put him down but today I am Blessed to be able to save him. Thank you Lord.

Been there before with my dog. The only child you'll have that insurance won't pay for. Good luck, Gods speed!!

Thor and no more tennis balls
20220702_124850.jpg
20211230_175226.jpg

Been there recently too! Allergy shot was supposed to work well rather than her daily allergy meds. I didn’t. She had a reaction to that! 3k later she came back from almost not coming down for breakfast!
ED1A348A-D9BA-4EC0-BE15-75C754582E23.jpeg

The things we do!

Good luck! Hope all is well!

And it doesn't seem to matter the size.....just can't type my feelings with the last one I lost.....

Damn Dave, I hope everything works out with your pup. We are all here if you need us brother. Do you think he ate part of the tennis ball? Let us know how he’s doing.

Wish you the the best. They give us a 100 times more love than we give them.
Man's best friend. Take care.

Damn Dave, I hope everything works out with your pup. We are all here if you need us brother. Do you think he ate part of the tennis ball? Let us know how he’s doing.
they think tennis ball outer layer or I have one of those dog ropes ,hope he comes home thursday
1658793510760.png

Good to hear he seems to be doing better.... Hopefully he learned something & more importantly that he continues to improve.... Who am I kidding? Learn something??? :lol: Unfortunately all of his favorite toys gotta get hidden now.... May he needs a new friend to keep him entertained...

Damn Dave, you don’t have to feed your dog that crap, hell I’ll drop off some good dog food for him when he gets better. Just kidding buddy hope you get some much needed rest and prayers for Thor.
E6B45AD9-4812-4AE0-9AA0-707C88BC38A3.jpeg

So my dog Thor was sick saturday so I thought no big deal. Well sunday still sick and went to the emergency vet and was there for 7 1/2 hours and they said he ate something and it rapped around his small intestine and said he needed surgery. He can stay the night and they would take him next door were they do surgery when they open monday morning. Cost $2000 and that was without a estimate for surgery I told them I would take him home. Was charged $640 for checking him out,xrays and a shoot . This morning took him to his regular vet and said they can take care of it in house. They called at 5 and said they wanted to operate because he did not pass it. So I hope it all gos well and my 2 year old puppy will be fine. Dam 3 months ago it was a torn ACL. I should of named him Mopar because he spent all my money :lol:. 10 years ago I would of had to put him down but today I am Blessed to be able to save him. Thank you Lord.
I wish him a good health and a speedy recovery, our 4 legged friends deserve the best!
Been there recently too! Allergy shot was supposed to work well rather than her daily allergy meds. I didn’t. She had a reaction to that! 3k later she came back from almost not coming down for breakfast!
View attachment 1318701
The things we do!

Good luck! Hope all is well!
Not to hijack the thread but is that a lab/viszla mix?

I got insurance on my Thor $33 a month. My nephew said it saved him several thousand on his dogs surgeries

My last one chewed up tennis balls in minutes. It scared me so I bought those tough balls that come with a stick to throw them. He would still crack those in the end, but the tennis balls he murdered like a maniac. Same with rawhide chews. He would eat for so long then swallow. So he didn't get rawhide anymore, as much as he loved it.

I’m not sure what this guy was (other then a mess) but he loved copperheads and skunks. We’d call the vet, before we’d say hi, “is it Roscoe?” Yep, “Is he wearing his favorite perfume?” Yep
:lol:

ECBA1A81-50F3-4E90-B4C5-9F9D1927A254.jpeg

Been there before with my dog. The only child you'll have that insurance won't pay for. Good luck, Gods speed!!
Get pet insurance. WE have it on 4 dogs.

I wish him a good health and a speedy recovery, our 4 legged friends deserve the best!

Not to hijack the thread but is that a lab/viszla mix?
Chesapeake Bay Retriever. They are temperamental, crazy, driven, stubborn animals. Love em!

Yeah, we’ve had some huge vet surgery bills over the decades; but if it looks good for recovery, we’ve bitten the bullet (pun here maybe). As posted, insurance has worked out pretty good for my daughter’s two pooches. Would have been better if she knew about it sooner.

Auto Transport Service
Back