• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long time lurker taking the plunge

can't wait to drive it! :)

I gotta see if a SBC 4 speed can keep up

Last edited:
Congratulations! Looks mean as it sits as a driver. I wonder what drivetrain is mated to the Torqueflite?

welcome from Canada. You are doing it right. Get the mechanical, suspension and tires up to standard and drive it. This 62 Fury has a faded 30 year old paint job and I drive it on gravel.
That '62 looks awesome, nodust, that's exactly the way I've approached my build. I want it to be safe, reliable, and comfortable and it's pretty close to that point now. I've been driving it and chipping away at little projects without disabling the car for too long at once.

Welcome from Sothern California!
You have done some nice work and I am glad you are driving it around. I have seen so many project cars get taken apart and never finished, I think the way you are doing it is best. My '68 was way more fun when it was ratty, once it was all pretty and painted it just didn't get driven as much.
That's exactly my fear about 'over-restoring' the car, right now I can jump in it and go get groceries or run other errands without a second thought. I doubt I'd have the same level of comfort if the car was pristine so I've been resisting the urge to go too far.

Congratulations! Looks mean as it sits as a driver. I wonder what drivetrain is mated to the Torqueflite?
Thanks! I've been steering the car towards a NASCAR tribute/stock car feel with the Bassett wheels, side exhaust, and stance. The engine is a warmed over high mile 440 takeout from a '71 imperial. I did a gasket rebuild on it and tossed it in the car. I've since put a very mild cam, Edelbrock CH4B intake, Holley 750, and headers on it so it pulls pretty well for what it is. The car desperately needs more gear and a suregrip (2.76 open) so those are on the shortlist.

IMG_1123.JPG

That '62 looks awesome, nodust, that's exactly the way I've approached my build. I want it to be safe, reliable, and comfortable and it's pretty close to that point now. I've been driving it and chipping away at little projects without disabling the car for too long at once.

That's exactly my fear about 'over-restoring' the car, right now I can jump in it and go get groceries or run other errands without a second thought. I doubt I'd have the same level of comfort if the car was pristine so I've been resisting the urge to go too far.

Thanks! I've been steering the car towards a NASCAR tribute/stock car feel with the Bassett wheels, side exhaust, and stance. The engine is a warmed over high mile 440 takeout from a '71 imperial. I did a gasket rebuild on it and tossed it in the car. I've since put a very mild cam, Edelbrock CH4B intake, Holley 750, and headers on it so it pulls pretty well for what it is. The car desperately needs more gear and a suregrip (2.76 open) so those are on the shortlist.

View attachment 1406985
Engine looks great.I have an American 62 Sport Fury with an expensive paint job. I’d sooner look at it than drive it! Pretty sad

88F26BF8-19C2-4ADD-9028-B3D7E6A3B860.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back