• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what the Coronet has in the Garage now!

JimKueneman

Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
Forward 8000 LB. No more crawling around on the damn floor. Dang that under body is filthy.......

177275464_3967884796580741_798039331778246544_n.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you plan on major work on your car up on the 4-post or mostly storage?
I’m researching the Forward 2-post and like the I10 model but may move up to the DP10A because it has a German made electric motor instead of Asian.
Your ‘68 looks great up there, all high and mighty!

Do you plan on major work on your car up on the 4-post or mostly storage?
I’m researching the Forward 2-post and like the I10 model but may move up to the DP10A because it has a German made electric motor instead of Asian.
Your ‘68 looks great up there, all high and mighty!

Little of both.... mostly for storage and light maintenance.

I did the same mostly for storage but will use it for working on cars as well. Mine is also an 8000lb. Picks up my 6400lb New Yorker effortlessly.

20210320_161540.jpg 20210320_161519.jpg 20210318_163137.jpg

nice car and lift!
For my hobbyist use, I like my 4-Post. Mostly used for storage and maintenance, but also pretty versatile.
I can either use the sliding jack tray to lift the tires off the runways, or put tall jack stands under the axle then lower the lift slightly to get the tires off.
I also have alignment turn tables I can put between the lift runways and tires to align the suspension with the car lifted. Nice for tightening the suspension parts with the suspension loaded and at ride height. I use wood blocks under the rear tires so the car is level on the turntables up front.

Down side is you have to duck under the runways and cross beams all the time, and remember not to whack your head on them.

Been looking at doing the same. Can't decide whether to pull the plug now, or wait until the car is done. Mine will be strictly for storage as my dad and me have the 2 post in his shop for repairs. My garage layout is different, and I will need to do some moving of stuff to get the lift to where it is helping me make more room. I had a 4 post at my parents and man they definitely help you stack cars and make room. Nice rides to you all!

To me the 4 posts work great for storage. I can't work on a car with them though because it puts my back at a bad angle especially when doing brakes. I find a two post better for repair work.
If I was a younger man that might be different

I just cut some of my tracks that ran along the ceiling back when it was at the 7' level and mounted those lengths higher up the way extending what was already there. Just wish I had a 12' ceiling. I may add on the garage and go double deep someday and will at least raise the rear addition to 12' then if the city allows it.

I just cut some of my tracks that ran along the ceiling back when it was at the 7' level and mounted those lengths higher up the way extending what was already there. Just wish I had a 12' ceiling. I may add on the garage and go double deep someday and will at least raise the rear addition to 12' then if the city allows it.
No change in springs or pulleys?

Any issues with the installers? I need the contact info.

What Brand hoist do you have? I'm looking at adding one in my pole barn. Still not decided on two or 4 post though.

I have a BendPak HD9-XW, but it is in a building with alot of height. As mentioned, mostly used for storage.

A 2-Post is good for doing service work. It is alot easier to get under the vehicle and gives better access to the under side of the car.
The 2-Post does good thick concrete for mounting, and not to easy to change the installed position.

The 4-post can usually be placed on standard garage floor concrete, and does not need to be bolted down if the floor is level.
With a wheel kit option it is pretty easy to move the lifts placement if needed.

I have a BendPak HD9-XW, but it is in a building with alot of height. As mentioned, mostly used for storage.

A 2-Post is good for doing service work. It is alot easier to get under the vehicle and gives better access to the under side of the car.
The 2-Post does good thick concrete for mounting, and not to easy to change the installed position.

The 4-post can usually be placed on standard garage floor concrete, and does not need to be bolted down if the floor is level.
With a wheel kit option it is pretty easy to move the lifts placement if needed.

Thanks for the info, my pole barn has a 12ft ceiling so that's not an issue I'm leaning toward a two post right now.

Auto Transport Service
Back