• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Looking for 66-69 4 piston caliper seal kits..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrashingcows

Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Got the coronet into the shop yesterday and up on the lift to check things out...turns out I not only have a leaky master cylinder but the pass side 4 piston brake caliper is leaking fluid as well. I've been searching high and low since yesterday and can't find anyone who has the Centric 143.63012 reseal kit.

Every place is out of stock and I've been e-mailing everyone asking when they expect stock to come in...best guess on more stock is September at the earliest, most are saying 2-3 months if I'm lucky. :(

Anyone have a source for two of these kits? I'd prefer to do both sides so they are matched but will take a single kit for now.

Need to get these repaired ASAP before winter gets here so I can get the car through a government inspection so I can register it and get insurance on it.

Got the coronet into the shop yesterday and up on the lift to check things out...turns out I not only have a leaky master cylinder but the pass side 4 piston brake caliper is leaking fluid as well. I've been searching high and low since yesterday and can't find anyone who has the Centric 143.63012 reseal kit.

Every place is out of stock and I've been e-mailing everyone asking when they expect stock to come in...best guess on more stock is September at the earliest, most are saying 2-3 months if I'm lucky. :(

Anyone have a source for two of these kits? I'd prefer to do both sides so they are matched but will take a single kit for now.

Need to get these repaired ASAP before winter gets here so I can get the car through a government inspection so I can register it and get insurance on it.
I have a set here as spares for my '67 R/T. I can send them to you to get your car going, but I will need them replaced whenever you can source another set. I figure about $15.00 Canada Post shipping to B.C., (Beyond Canada) LOL. PM me your info.

These are yours for the cost of a padded envelope and postage

IMG_5166[1].JPG

You can have your local parts store send them to auto line in Winnipeg for rebuilding. I ordered a seal kit locally awhile ago, ended up getting a kit for A body. No use to me.

Only one kit in stock at $75 Can.. Add stupid $$ for shipping !!!
Rock Auto collects the Canadian taxes and charges shipping, but there are no stupid brokerage fees. I have used them quite a bit and have always been satisfied. I saved over $200.00 Can. on a new gas tank for my '67 R/T with them vs. buying at local parts store. The Spectra tank is manufactured about 50 miles from me and was back and forth over the border twice! Figure that one out!

You can have your local parts store send them to auto line in Winnipeg for rebuilding. I ordered a seal kit locally awhile ago, ended up getting a kit for A body. No use to me.

I can't recall what was actually done to them when i had them restored 25 years ago...I know they were not cheap to redo...think they either sleeved them in stainless, or had stainless pistons machined?? Guess I'll find out when I pull them apart. If the pistons and bores are still good then I'll just toss in a new seal and call it done.

I called all my local parts stores and no one could get me that centric seal kit.

I have a set here as spares for my '67 R/T. I can send them to you to get your car going, but I will need them replaced whenever you can source another set. I figure about $15.00 Canada Post shipping to B.C., (Beyond Canada) LOL. PM me your info.

Wow thank you so much for the offer...really appreciate it! I see rockauto has got restock on the seal kits so I'll be ordering those today, but if anything goes awry I'll send you a PM. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well rockauto only had one kit remaining when I got there to order them...so one is on the way. I'll see what I can find for another kit.

But @Stanton I'll take those seals you have...Thank you...PM sent!

Edit: Your inbox is full....

A friend sent me a link to an E-bay seller who had some Delco NOS old stock kits....so I ordered 3 kits from them, so I'll have a spare set just in case. ;)

Thank you everyone for the help, suggestions and offers...very much appreciated!

If they're that hard to get, better get a few sets TC

when I worked at the IH parts dept, we would do once a year inventory, do tons of pre counting.boxes of trailer deck screws, boxes of lights,etc, and then spend three days doing the actual count. Come in Monday morning and the count would be wrong. I leaned pretty fast not to tell a guy to come on down until I physically laid hands on a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back