• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Looking for 69 GTX cluster gauges in decent condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

High Pockets

Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Rick and I live in Litchfield NH. My winter project to tackle much needed interior upgrades expanded to include full wiring upgrade. Once we got into the old wiring I really had to do the right thing and replace everything. The car has been in the shop for a while now and the guys I'm working with has a lot on his plate so time is a consideration. I'm talking to someone about a full restoration of the cluster but if I can swap out what I have for better condition that might be a better option for me. We already upgraded the wiring and bench tested the cluster I have. I know the gas gauge is bad so I am definitely going to replace that. My concern is how the cluster will look with just the one new gauge. I have pricing from CI for the fuel, temp, amp gauges at about 285 new for all three. I have not been able to find a new speedometer with 150 sweep.

I have been searching the web for a couple days and I remembered this forum so here I am. I forgot how cool this place is! Looking forward to any responses.

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

What about the tachometer? There are places you can send the speedometer head out to. If you have to be original than get the speedometer head sent out, upgrade the tachometer and all new gauges and limiter. Myself having done what you are going through in the end, hind sight I would of gone with a Dakota Digital cluster.

The tach is definitely newer than the other gauges so I assume it was replaced by the previous owner who started the resto. I am planning to keep using that. I'm giving myself today to make a decision on how to proceed. Unless I find a better solution, I will probably replace the other gauges and keep the speedometer that I have in there now.

I was not familiar with Dakota products. I checked their website and all I could find for the GTX was the Rally cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back