• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for 78 Fury 4 Door sheet metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

VincentVega

Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
Howdy

Just stumbled across this website. Grew up with Mopars, and the love affair still continues. About 13 or 14 years ago I put in some serious time on a 78 Fury police car. 4 door, 400 4v. Car was trashed via rust (afterall, it was a NJ car). Here's some bad pictures of it from that time period after a serious amount of R&R:

fury.jpg

Anyway, we had gotten some sheet metal for it. rear quarters and rockerpanels. For the life of me I can't remember where we got them. Could have even been JC Whitney, back when they still carried that kind of stuff. I've actually got another one of these cars (77 400, another ex-copper) and I need the same parts, but I can't find reproductions anywhere (big surprise).

So, I thought I'd ask you folks. Any leads? Anybody got some here, or know of a place that stamps em? Floor pans would help, too.. but quarters definitely. As far as I know, I think sheet metal is shared back to 76. Anyone that knows better, please feel free to correct me.

Barring that, I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of modifying earlier B body stuff, like 73-74 sheetmetal. I'm no stranger to fabrication, but if it's not even worth trying, I'd appreciate the 2 cents. I realize these are big questions, but I'd appreciate any insight.

Many thanks!

WTB: Mid-Late 70s B body sheet metal

Got 77 and 78 Fury Cop cars, and I'd like to acquire some sheet metal before this stuff becomes completely impossible to find.

To simplify things, this is for 78 Plymouth Fury 4 Door Sedan 440-4v (police)

Here is my list of part numbers and descriptions:

4015 718-9 Quarter Panel Rear Floor Pan Side (i.e. trunk extension)
These seem to be pretty rare, they weren't shared from an earlier car

3616 946-7 Quarter Panel Outside (repair). i.e. not a full quarter, but a patch panel I guess
Judging by this being a 36 PN, this might work on other models

3445 058-9 Wheel House, Rear, Inner
Interestingly enough, it seems any 71-78 B body has the same piece here. 2 door or 4 door. That might help some of you folks here to know. Lots of people are reproducing them, $140 free shipping. let me know if you want the link (or just search for the PN on google)

3615 312-3 Wheel House, Rear, Outer
Now I actually traced this back to 73 Coroner 4 Door, so I'm assuming 73 and 74 Coronet 4 door would work (not satellite), or any 75-78 B body with 4 door. Satellite sheet metal seems to be a bit different on the hind quarter

3791 566 Front floor pan, dual exhaust

3792 126-7 Center Floor pan extension

3792 264 Center Floor Pan

4015 351 Rear Floor

I don't expect any floor pan hits, but it would be great!

Just to be safe, sometimes I am listing both part numbers. For example, 4015 718-9 means both4015 718 and4015 7189

I already found two leads on NOS quarters, but both of them were sold by the time I got there. Doh!

Shipping would be to zip 08360

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back