• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a 1968 gtx tail panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingman

Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a driver quality tail panel also tail light assembly, head light bezels,440 motor mounts, rebuilt 727 trans, transmission cross member. Thanks

Francis's Speed shop has a decent driver quality one [ NO phone numbers allowed in threads ], also Tonys' has a couple but expect to pay dearly as they want quite a bit more than I'm willing to pay for unrestored stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 440 motor mounts and the crossmember PM me if you are interested

I wound up with two pitted, rough trunk finish panels for mine. I had this fella restore one:
http://www.oldcarpartsdaddy.com/
He did an incredible job on mine. He still has the exact factory finishes/paints (there's actually two different silvers involved, for example) and does all the intricate metal filling and polishing one of these takes for an amazing price. He did new studs and even applied the reflective stripes when done.
Give Bob a call - he still has another finish panel I sent him for free to say thanks and he'd probably restore that one for you.
Tell him Ed Gibbs gave you his number. Bob is genuinely good people and downright **** about his work.
That's mine he uses for pics on his website BTW. His camera sucks but his work is impeccable.

Here's mine BTW:
68_GTX_Rear.jpg
He went to town on the lenses and everything.
Can you tell I'm happy with the results? Damn straight. :)

- - - Updated - - -

gtxtail.jpg
I love this shot. These are badass at night. :)

I wound up with two pitted, rough trunk finish panels for mine. I had this fella restore one:
http://www.oldcarpartsdaddy.com/
He did an incredible job on mine. He still has the exact factory finishes/paints (there's actually two different silvers involved, for example) and does all the intricate metal filling and polishing one of these takes for an amazing price. He did new studs and even applied the reflective stripes when done.
Give Bob a call - he still has another finish panel I sent him for free to say thanks and he'd probably restore that one for you.
Tell him Ed Gibbs gave you his number. Bob is genuinely good people and downright **** about his work.
That's mine he uses for pics on his website BTW. His camera sucks but his work is impeccable.

Here's mine BTW:
View attachment 272472
He went to town on the lenses and everything.
Can you tell I'm happy with the results? Damn straight. :)

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 272473
I love this shot. These are badass at night. :)
I called Bob and had a long chat. Agree he seems like a very genuine guy. I think this is the route I would take also after noting the quality product he put out on your tail panel. I just worry about how to ship that precious piece down to Tyler, TX w/o damages. Thx for the good lead. This is such an important piece to the 68 GTX.

Yep, pretty much the focal point of the car and as you know, pretty dang unobtanium in nice shape.
Metro had them reproduced at one point for major $$$.
I know Bob will do you right, no worries there.

Home run!!!! Just called Bob and I'll be sending him 2 pannels to get me a great one done. Thanks guys, Ohh, I love your car. Mine is white and needs all the help it can get.

Home run!!!! Just called Bob and I'll be sending him 2 pannels to get me a great one done. Thanks guys, Ohh, I love your car. Mine is white and needs all the help it can get.
Atta boy. He'll do ya proud.

Well hiya Bob! Didn't know you had an account over here. That panel looks familiar. :)
You have GOT to get a better camera, though LOL.

Looking forward to refinishing your 68 X Trim for Ya !

11258105_10152999015969811_2660514975954073900_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

yep, I certainly need to get a better camera! One day Ed .....

Only need tail panel and rear light assembly

Only need tail panel and rear light assembly

Which is exactly what we've been talking about, Kingman. Are you calling something else a tail panel? Do you mean the actual sheetmetal?

I'm looking for a driver quality tail panel also tail light assembly, head light bezels,440 motor mounts, rebuilt 727 trans, transmission cross member. Thanks

I have these tail lights plus one extra lens. Some pitting as you can see in the pics. These are OEM parts. Interested?20150821_101125.jpg20150821_100743.jpg20150821_100800.jpg20150821_100816.jpg20150821_100825.jpg20150821_100831.jpg20150821_100901.jpg20150821_100910.jpg20150821_100922.jpg20150821_100945.jpg

Is the trunk panel gor a 1968 GTX the same as for a 1968 Sattelite Sport (MO except for the GTX emblem)...........

Is the trunk panel gor a 1968 GTX the same as for a 1968 Sattelite Sport (MO except for the GTX emblem)...........
Sport Satellite is the same finish panel as the GTX (less emblems), correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back