• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a paint code for 69 GTX dark blue used on dash & steering wheel

Dash pad, kick panels, all vinyl parts. Dash frame & steering column. Thanks BeeKeeper!

Thanks for the info BeeKeeper

Your most welcome. I sent some pieces off to performance car graphics to hopefully get the right shades for the pads and a pillars etc. so hopefully I will know something this week

Got some answers on the correct blue for 69'. The classic industries bright blue pp338 is correct for 68' charger upper door pads. The Baltic blue used from Kolor Korrect is correct for 68' dash. I can say at this point don't rely on Kolor korrect should be called "kolor kinda korrect". I would for sure recommend contacting Dave at performance car graphics to get the correct colors.

IMG_3958.JPG

When I restored the 68 Hemi GTX on the bottom of the dash was a paint decal from the factory. I took a picture of it. Hope this helps.

That's the blue right there. The Kolor korrect is a shade darker.

I have to ask what is the QQ1 code and where did you find it Malex.
BeeKeeper thanks for the info! Is your interior 2 tone? Judging from the picture I would guess my dash to be darker. I may give Dave a call today.

BeeKeeper thanks for the info! Is your interior 2 tone? Judging from the picture I would guess my dash to be darker. I may give Dave a call today.

69 GTX, yes a 2-tone. Lighter blue along the doors. The picture I posted a few comments above is the factory paint code decal and where it was located. Right next to the fuse box along the bottom edge. I made sure to grab a picture of it.

Yea it's two tone the fender tag code is H2B

My car has the dark blue at the top & bottom of the doors with the medium blue in the middle.

IMG_3960.JPG
IMG_3959.JPG
My car has the dark blue at the top & bottom of the doors with the medium blue in the middle.

I dug out a couple more old pictures from that dash. Wow, 10 years ago already..

That looks about right! Thanks for the help. Are you leaving it that color or repainting it.

IMG_20160717_153517.jpg
Beekeeper so here's my fender tag, what code am I looking for?

Looking at your fender tag
Your car is B5 B5 P6D B7
First B5 is exterior
Next is roof color
P6D B7 is interior color

Here is a pic of color samples of each interior code in blue

IMG_0116.JPG

RS23:
Plymouth Belvedere,Satellite
Special, GTX
2 Door Hardtop

L9G: 440 375HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
St. Louis, MO, USA

: Sequence number

E86: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 (High Performance) 375hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
B5: Bright Blue Metallic Exterior Color
B5: Roof
P6D Trim - Basic, Cloth/Vinyl Bucket Seats, Unknown Color
B7: Unknown Int. Door Frames
128: Build Date: 28th JAN
: Order number

A01: Unknown Top Color
A04: Basic (Radio) Group
C21: Center Front Seat Cushion
C55: Bucket Seats
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
J25: 3 Speed Wipers

L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M33: Body Side Moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V1X: Unknown
V6W: Longitudinal Stripes, White

END: End of Sales Codes

Last edited:
I appreciate the info guys, you've been a big help!

Auto Transport Service
Back