• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a reputable Automotive Shop

The gray wire that connects to the brand new oil switch is getting power because the hand moved when we sent power to it but once we connected it to the switch we got nothing.
Maybe one hint...if there's some kind of thread sealant on the oil sending unit, ground is blocked. Sending unit needs to make ground at the engine block, before it will work.

I fixed one gauge at a time and it went pretty well. Actually, my car had a fire in the bulkhead before I owned it. Bulkhead wires were all melted together but the thing still ran. So he covered the bulkhead in bondo and painted right over it, like a big clump of clay stuck to the firewall. Just a 'small detail' the previous owner left out when selling online...
So the entire car has been re-wired headlights to tail lights since I bought it. All original gauges work, it was fun to see them work again for the first time in probably several years.
Yea my original bulkhead caught fire in 2010

Auto Transport Service
Back