• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a set of Headers for my 65 Satellite 426 Wedge

mslisaj

Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for a replacement set of headers for my 65 Satellite with a 426 wedge engine. The original headers that I have are getting tired and I would love to find a new set. But in my past searches it seems these tubes are very rare and only fit this one year. Any idea's of where or who I could go to and get a set of new pipes? I just need something that will fit the first time as there are a you know what to get on and off.

Thank you for your help gentlemen as I'm new to your forum and this looks like the place to be for our Mopars..............

Lisa :eusa_angel:

Try Schumacher creative services a little costly, but realy nice people.:icon_fU:

TTI's are nice but the Hedman 78030's fit my '63 with virtually no hammering.

They dropped right in. (actually the passenger side comes up from the bottom.

Thanks for taking your time to give me some leads. The stock exhaust manifolds have been gone for years and years so that is not an option. Besides the "tick" of the headers is kind of a signature of old muscle in my opinion. But I'll make some phone calls and see what I can come up with. I actually have an old set that are on the wall that have some damage from hitting the trailer and the set that are on the car now were used when I bought them so I have not a clue who actually made them. But I really would like to get a new set before they become totally obsolete. So I appreciate the help.................

Lisa

I ran Hedmans on my '65 before changing to 68-69 hipo manifolds. Hedmans fit well.

The TTIs are nice, a great looking header. But I like the way the Headmans fit. No hammering or adjusting on my 64 and I'm using the big starter.

I really appreciate all the feedback to my question. Last night I did some serious research and figured out these headers will fit quite a few different B bodied cars up to some 70 Challangers. This amazed me as I have always been under the impression that this 65 Satellite with the RB engine was a very odd one year thing. But apparently it's not. As I had mentioned previously my car has had two sets of headers on it in the time I have had it and both of them were used when I got them. The first set I got off a wrecked '65 and the second set I found somewhere and thought how lucky I was to find these "unique" headers. But their really not that rare.

Looking at brands and reading reviews it boils down to two manufactures, TTI and Headman. The Headman Elites and the TTI's have the same spec's on paper, 3/8" Flanges and 14 gauge pipe. Same coating and the Headman Elites are literally 1/2 the price. So it's hard not to choose those pipes. The one difference that I did find was the Headman's use the "Ball and Socket" collector and the TTI's use the old school flange that I'm very used to. But Headman has been around for eternity and this change must have been for a good reason and I would like to think improvement. So any comments there would be good too.

I guess my final thought here is the headers on the car now are just fine and look good with the paint holding up very well. So there is no need to just remove them. I'm looking at buying this new set just to have them as I'm in to accumulating spare parts for my car at this point. But I can't thank you guys enough for all your feedback and input here. I have learned a lot about the "rare" headers on my car and to realize they are common is a good thing..............

Sincerely, thanks again........

Lisa

For you gentlemen that have '65's can you identify this set of headers. This is an old set that I took off my Satellite. They also are the same as the ones that are on the car now. Looking at TTI's and Headman's pictures the pipe for the first cylinder goes down before the fourth one. These headers here in the picture has the first cylinder going all the way over the top and down the rear of the 4th cylinder. As I mentioned in this thread I am looking to buy a new set of headers to just have so I won't be attempting to install them for awhile so I really want to cover all my bases and make sure I get something that will fit.

Thanks for your opinion on what I have here on the old pipes. I so appreciate all your help and experience.

Lisa

Attachments

• IMAG0264.jpg
    IMAG0264.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 355
  • IMAG0265.jpg
    IMAG0265.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 371
  • TTI440-178RS.jpg
    TTI440-178RS.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 375
Lisa;65's are the same as 62-4's in the engine compartment. Those headers look more like a 66-up/E-body application,and I can't identify the brand. Any idea of the age? I don't recall Cyclone doing that app,Doug's look different;maybe old CPPA pieces? What size are the pipes? That might help. I lost all my old catalogs in a basement flood years ago,or I could check them for you. Good luck with the car,and welcome to the best funhouse on the 'Net!

I thank you for your response Al K. I hate to admit this but those headers are 40 years old. On the tube size I may guess at a "standard" size of 1 5/8 inch. There not a max performance header. I certainly appreciate the additional information on the pipes and the engine compartment. As I mentioned I want to get a new set just to keep with the car so I want make real sure that if the headers that I will buy today, even though they look different they will fit. Also for all these years I have been curious as to who made these pipes I have.

Wishing you a grand day and thanks for your input here.

Lisa

would you be interested in selling your old Satellite headers? are they in useable shape yet? thanks

would you be interested in selling your old Satellite headers? are they in useable shape yet? thanks

Yes they are still in excellent shape and still on the car. I am not going to change them out unless it was necessary. My quest here was to confirm a purchase of new headers that would fit and I could keep with the car as spares.

Thanks for asking and responding to this thread. The 65 seems to be a car by itself when it comes to pipes but then again maybe not.

Lisa

headers

satillite new motor 047.JPGI have 2" TTI headers in my 65 satillite satillite new motor 036.JPGwent right in no time at all fits great and they look real nice.

Last edited:
Exceptionally beautiful!!
Nice job and they had to fit easily as you couldn't have put a scratch on anything there.

Lisa:icon_thumright:

These are the TTI's on my 63 right now. I have had these and Hedman Elite headers on my 63 and by far the TTI's are the best header I have ever had on my car. The Hedmans are still a good header and if they fit your bill you cant beat them for the price. But when I put this eng in my 63 I wanted the best header I could get and the TTI's are it. They have even thicker flanges then the Hedmans and I like that as I dont have to worry about the flanges warping like the old headers from the 70's did. But really you can buy what you need and can afford. I do say the TTI's are the best and they also cost the most. The Hedmans are a good header and if thats what fit my budget I would have no problem using them again. Ron

100_1887_zps79cd8dc6.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back