• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for advice on EFI systems for a 426 HEMI

I'm sticking with the IC Engines in my old cars, but open to electric as a new vehicle (Cybertruck?)
Kevin Erickson's "Electrollite" 1972 Plymouth Satellite project is cool, and looks like real nice craftsmanship in the build.
I need to keep an eye out for the car, looks like he lives fairly close to my car storage/workshop.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMoparMan

During my engine rebuild I switched from carb to efi. A big reason is I wanted to run flex fuel with a composition sensor as the engine has a bit of compression.

No problems with the carbs or distributor but I really like calibrating efi and using everything it has to offer with options and data logging. (More so than calibrating carburetors)

I went with Holley hp efi. To do that along with crank and cam trigger, all other efi components was rather expensive and a good bit of work to get set up correctly but I'm happy I did it.

If you don't have much efi experience you will want to enlist the help of an expert.

Rich Nedbal has done a bunch of these and can get you set up with components and tuning.

VxB2G5.jpg

GxZwNz.jpg

During my engine rebuild I switched from carb to efi. A big reason is I wanted to run flex fuel with a composition sensor as the engine has a bit of compression.

No problems with the carbs or distributor but I really like calibrating efi and using everything it has to offer with options and data logging. (More so than calibrating carburetors)

I went with Holley hp efi. To do that along with crank and cam trigger, all other efi components was rather expensive and a good bit of work to get set up correctly but I'm happy I did it.

If you don't have much efi experience you will want to enlist the help of an expert.

Rich Nedbal has done a bunch of these and can get you set up with components and tuning.

View attachment 1193734
View attachment 1193735
Rich is good. I took his Holley EFI class online. Good stuff.

View attachment 1193734
View attachment 1193735
IN-8, Your Build looks Great. I like that it still has the Old School Look to it, with the Extra Benefits !

Last edited:
I had a very different experience with Rich, he definitely knows EFI (and Hemis) but communicating with him was a challenge to say the least. I am not hating on him but personally I think you can accomplish the same thing another way.

There are a lot of ways to accomplish the same thing for sure. I tuned mine myself but bought some of Andy's parts from Rich and in my experience he was always quick to respond.

Oh he is quick to respond when you are buying, but the post sales support was not pleasant. The problem I had was that I knew very little about EFI at the time and while I admittedly was pretty needy, his responses left a lot to be desired. I think the problem is that he knows EFI and many times thinks his clients do as well so he responds as if you know what he talking about when many times you don't.

Bigger problem I had with him is that when I bought my system (through him) he told me he would write a tune for it. I made the "assumption" that he had done that and installed it into the ECU but then when the kit came it all shipped directly from Holley. When it came time to start the car and was having trouble I called him and he asked "what tune is in it?"... I then reminded him what he has said when I was looking to buy the system and he was like "oh yeah... well I guess I will have to write one, well we can do it now" which we ended up doing. That caused me to start doing my own research, watching Youtube, etc. and thus never called him again.

I even bought his book because I have a 426 Hemi for my 70 RR and he told me that his book would be very helpful.. well it would be if I was building a Pro Stock car which I am not...

TC82VRRxQbmu-A0gwXCg3g.jpg
I am looking for pros cons about going EFI on a gen II 426 HEMI. I have a 66 that is in my 69 Roadrunner and have wondered the benefits of going EFI.

I would like to hear about what system you have and how it compares to running carbs.
Are you afraid to ask my opinion :) you already know my answer

This is in my buddies shop, would love to put in the 65

89DBED10-CD75-4261-A55A-E2A450A65CD4.jpeg

My buddy @ Fox Injection in NC was able to find an 'Enderle' vintage 8-stack setup for me a couple years ago. I'm using 'short' stacks, plus an EFI conversion. Short stacks stay under the scoop, too. Got another hood for the long stacks. BEST investment ever for my '65 Coronet AWB. Has the 'wow' factor that carbs will never offer & I will NEVER look back! Yahoo!!!!!
OH, ALSO the car 'starts' with just a flip of the key.....no pumping the gas pedal, no setting the choke, no nothing, turn the key & VROOOOOM!!!
A8ED2625-65F8-4219-AB83-4B56866E9225.jpeg

Last edited:
I have always been a multiple carb guy. One 340 sixpack, one 440 sixpack, twin 1050 Dominators on Hemi, cross ram Hemi, cross ram 413. However, I may switch my dual Dominator set up over to EFI eventually.

I have always been a multiple carb guy. One 340 sixpack, one 440 sixpack, twin 1050 Dominators on Hemi, cross ram Hemi, cross ram 413. However, I may switch my dual Dominator set up over to EFI eventually.
It ALL makes life fun, doesn't it!?

TBI is an electronic carburetor.
Pro Flo 4. Easy: Firewall forward. Misery: Fuel delivery. Zero tuning issues.
Now that (i think) it’s sorted out, the back panel isn’t black from soot and oil doesn’t smell like gas. Oil stays cleaner and consumption down from a qt per thousand to none detected. Hot restarts now possible.

Last edited:
I like my Holley Sniper Stealth 550-872, with the Hyperspark ignition. I am working on a harness modification, that'll make the harness virtually hidden. I'll share it with Holley, so others can possibly get one, so its easier to install and hide.
Also the Holley version is NHRA approved.

Auto Transport Service
Back