• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for advice on suspension, brakes etc

No its just coronet 500. was sent over as a WannaBee. but thinking of removing all the wannabee stuff when the paint is all stripped.

My Coronet was born a 500, and early in my rebuild I thought about making her a Bee clone. I decided to leave her a 500, mainly because I have NEVER seen another 68 Coronet 500 on the street, at a show or at a cruise-in. Now that she's done, I'm so glad I made that decision. But, to each their own.

hey mate, I just did the suspension on my Charger using all PST stuff - torsion bars, front sway bar etc. I used Bilstein shocks. I'm yet to install the adjustable UCAs. The difference is night and day. The car is so much better to drive It doesn't feel like a boat anymore and it's planted in the corners.PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call.

My Coronet was born a 500, and early in my rebuild I thought about making her a Bee clone. I decided to leave her a 500, mainly because I have NEVER seen another 68 Coronet 500 on the street, at a show or at a cruise-in. Now that she's done, I'm so glad I made that decision. But, to each their own.
Me to. Was gonna do it and put a WannaBee stick on it. Gonna go down the 500 path though. Will get a real superbee one day

If you have any questions on our products please let me know. We have had many satisfied customers with no noise from the suspension bushings that we offer. Our polygraphite bushings are polyurethane impregnated with graphite so that they are self lubricating. Also as a member of the forum you would be eligible for the forum members discount (10%off).

Thanks
James From
PST

I have Firm Feel tubular UCAs on my Cuda and I really like them, if you are going to drive the car hard (handling wise) they really work well.

I wouldn’t go borgeson. I would recommend calling firm feel! I’m not a fan of that little box, some will say otherwise but I’m telling ya firm feel kicks butt.. and the parts fit with not cutting.
Using their proprietary coupler, the Borgeson/Bergman setup also fits without cutting.
Most that install the Borgeson are happy with it. Some have had fitment issues, some complain about a HISS sound that often comes down to the hydraulic pressure from the pump being either too high or too low.

Regarding the brakes....Be sure to do adequate research. A cheapskate guy I know bought these brakes from a shady seller on ebay....

Brembooo.jpg

While I like 4 wheel disc brakes generally, I think rear drums are fine for most street cars especially with the newer shoes out there. They are not as sexy but they will get the job done without much of the drama many seem to experience when going to 4 wheel discs. Personally I now believe that when I do another 4WD conversion I will be using a Hydroboost system.

I have messed around with A and B body cars awhile. The 11" front disc, 10" rear drum setup works quite well for the street. I put rear discs on the red car purely for looks. The car does not stop any better than it did with drums.

I have messed around with A and B body cars awhile. The 11" front disc, 10" rear drum setup works quite well for the street. I put rear discs on the red car purely for looks. The car does not stop any better than it did with drums.
thats good to hear, thats my current set up, think i will stick to it. might get the drum rebuild kit from DR diff

Auto Transport Service
Back