• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for All BB Hoods for a Muscle Car Tribute

i can see someone retiring early from doing bodywork and getting into something else.
there are much easier ways to make a buck..
My father was a custom painter, and my step dad worked at an Olds dealership as a painter, so I learned both sides of the trade.I started painting when I was 10, I am now 55, I still enjoy it, although not all day everyday, :)

What hoods do you have already? Since there are no pix to see for ourselves:popcorn:
Let's see If I can do this by memory, a s I said I have been collecting for a long time, I know how many I have, but may miss a few.
I only use OEM BB hoods.
66 Chevelle, 68 Chevelle, 70 Chevelle, cowl induction and SS, (need a 67 still)
68 Camaro SS, 69 Camaro Cowl Ind.
68 Mustang Boss, 69 Mustang Mach 1, 70 Mustang Mach 1, 71 Mach 1, 68 Shelby 350
71 Torino, 68 Firebird, 70 Trans am, 76 Trans Am, 70 Firebird 400
70 Challenger dual scoop, 70 Challenger Shaker
69 Super bee six pack lift off.
68 Super bee, 70 Super bee dual scoop
70 Charger
67 Coronet
69 Barracuda, 70 Barracuda, 70 Barracuda AAR
70 Javeline grabber air
69 Javelin AMX
67 GTO
69 GTO
70 Skylark GTX
70 Olds 442
72 Road Runner Air Grabber, 73 Road runner, 69 RR Air Grabber, 69 RR
70 Maverick Grabber
67 Corvette Stingray Induction
71 Dart Dual scoop
70 Demon Dual scoops
I can't remember anymore off the top of my head, :) I know I have a couple more Dodge and Plymouth, those are my least familiar makes.
I Specialized in Ferrari and Vintage race cars most of my career. I also ran the body and paint division at the Factory and painted all the Vector's. (Vector Aeromotive). I had a long career, from 1973-2006. At least for a painter who is still breathing, :) I did Rafanelli's Formula car, BMW's formula, Mercedes Formula and Schumacher's GTP, Nissan's GTP, Bryant's Indy Lite, both 68 Simonize Can Am cars, Porsche 24hr leman's, to name a few you likely may have seen.

At what age did you retire ?!?!?!

My thought exactly! I retired somewhat early too (55) and having a baby at that point wasn't EVEN on my mind LOL
I was so busy and having fun all the time, I didn't;t want to stop, I always wanted to have a kid when I was older so I could hopefully hand down all my skills and tools. My wife's water broke this AM, it on! :) She wasn't due for a couple weeks, so here we go.

B
Let's see If I can do this by memory, a s I said I have been collecting for a long time, I know how many I have, but may miss a few.
I only use OEM BB hoods.
66 Chevelle, 68 Chevelle, 70 Chevelle, cowl induction and SS, (need a 67 still)
68 Camaro SS, 69 Camaro Cowl Ind.
68 Mustang Boss, 69 Mustang Mach 1, 70 Mustang Mach 1, 71 Mach 1, 68 Shelby 350
71 Torino, 68 Firebird, 70 Trans am, 76 Trans Am, 70 Firebird 400
70 Challenger dual scoop, 70 Challenger Shaker
69 Super bee six pack lift off.
68 Super bee, 70 Super bee dual scoop
70 Charger
67 Coronet
69 Barracuda, 70 Barracuda, 70 Barracuda AAR
70 Javeline grabber air
69 Javelin AMX
67 GTO
69 GTO
70 Skylark GTX
70 Olds 442
72 Road Runner Air Grabber, 73 Road runner, 69 RR Air Grabber, 69 RR
70 Maverick Grabber
67 Corvette Stingray Induction
71 Dart Dual scoop
70 Demon Dual scoops
I can't remember anymore off the top of my head, :) I know I have a couple more Dodge and Plymouth, those are my least familiar makes.
I Specialized in Ferrari and Vintage race cars most of my career. I also ran the body and paint division at the Factory and painted all the Vector's. (Vector Aeromotive). I had a long career, from 1973-2006. At least for a painter who is still breathing, :) I did Rafanelli's Formula car, BMW's formula, Mercedes Formula and Schumacher's GTP, Nissan's GTP, Bryant's Indy Lite, both 68 Simonize Can Am cars, Porsche 24hr leman's, to name a few you likely may have seen.
No Buick GSX or GS Stage II???

B

No Buick GSX or GS Stage II???
I do have the 70 Buick GSX, I don't know what a stage II is, (I did look it up, never saw one before) maybe I do need that one too. Some are so very difficult to find, and I do not want any aftermarket, although I will be using a few aftermarket hoods, only fiberglass ones, 70 GTO Ram Air, 68 Nova Stinger, 68 Shelby KR500, 68 Yenko Camaro, 69 Coronet Sixpack, I will have those, because I still in many years have not seen them available. As I said, it's difficult to know all the hoods, I always seem to find another I didn't know about or just forgot about. I'm getting pretty close now, but there's more.

And iirc, the 69 1/2 440 6 bbl road runner hood was also glass.

That's a good point, was that in Organisol? do you know? What is an iirc?
Not real sure about the type of paint....just know it was flat black. iirc means 'if I remember correctly' and the older I get, the less that's remembered lol

69 Shelby one of my favorutes
Oh yea, its a beauty. They Shelby 350 I found was 5k, and I've seen them for 12K! As I said, I have been collecting for years, but some are just plain expensive, no way around it. One here and there, slowly but surely.

That's a good point, was that in Organisol ? do you know?
Yes & it's a semi flat...

69.5 Roadrunner 440-6bbl A12 Advert. #3 magazine.jpg

69.5 Roadrunner 440-6bbl A12 hood-decal.jpg

it's not for sale
just an example of an A12 69.5 RR 440-6bbl lift off/pinned on hood
68 RR A12 6bbl Lift Off Hood.JPG

underside sorry for the photo quality

68 RR A12 6bbl Lift Off Hood Under side seal.JPG

this is on my 68 RR, not painted in the semi-flat yet...

68 RR LL1 Paint & Clear #2 with trim 10-2017.JPG

This thread is a good place to again gather opinions and experiences about shipping a hood.
I, for example, have a good condition 69 power bulge hood for a coronet. It needs a proper home but the cost of crating and shipping has killed a deal for 6 buyers that want it.

Auto Transport Service
Back