• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for All BB Hoods for a Muscle Car Tribute

Rick Paris

Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
I am a retired show quality body and paint man, who has won many of the major car shows in America. I have been looking for all the OEM muscle car hoods of the 1960’s- and early 1970’s for the last 16 years. OEM only. I am restoring them all for an art installation where they will all be showcased. I want all the muscle cars to be represented in one viewing. These hoods are what inspired me to be a painter so long ago growing up with these beautiful cars. This is my contribution at the end of my career. I feel like it will be the ultimate Tribute to American Muscle. (so far I have 46 hoods) This show is my way of making sure that the beauty of that era will be saved forever, (as long as it can physically last, after a proper restoration). You would be contributing to this endeavor, if you were willing to ship them for me. This is my Opus. :) Thanks for your help!

Here is my list of wants

67 Belvedere (w/Large scoop)

67 Coronet R/T 440

68 Super Bee/Coronet69 Coronet Six Pack

69 Plymouth GTX

** 69 Barracuda scoops only

70-71 GTX

70 Coronet

Last edited:
how about some pics of what you already have? some of the baddest hoods in the land are the 71 charger R/T and superbee, the 71 Plymouth RR and GTX hoods

I don't see a 62-65 Max Wedge scoop on that list.
DSC_08781.jpg

46 hoods??
damn you got me beat!
I only have about a dozen or so..lol

20180527_152934.jpg

how about some pics of what you already have? some of the baddest hoods in the land are the 71 charger R/T and superbee, the 71 Plymouth RR and GTX hoods
I am currently not able to show you any pics, sorry about that. I agree I should have the 71 Charger R/T, superbee too. I do have the 70 Coronet Super Bee, the 71 GTX is on my list.
I don't see a 62-65 Max Wedge scoop on that list.
View attachment 630071
I do often find hoods that I have never known, that I have purchased after finding out about it, Do you have one?

:welcome: aboard Rick!

Show us what you have, love to see them.

:xscuseless:
All my hoods are in California, in my shop. My wife and I jumped to Texas for a few months without actually thinking we would stay before going back. We are having a baby in two weeks and we are staying here until late sept, as calif has mandatory vaccinations and we didn't want to have our baby there. We came to check it out, and just decided it was better to stay, sorry about the long explanation, I would be happy to post them then. Its pretty cool to see them all hanging on the walls just as they are too.

It takes awhile to find them all! Keep going!! Love it.

that is a very expensive endeavor you are on.
good luck with the hunt!
I know I have a easy 10k worth of hoods laying around for my projects
69 ram chargers/70,71 air grabbers/ couple of 69 lift offs/70 and 71 flats/69 bubble and couple of 71 rr/gtx, raisin bran hood and more
the stuff piles up after 30 years of buying parts.

20180527_152958.jpg

Last edited:
What hoods do you have already? Since there are no pix to see for ourselves:popcorn:

I have a 1969 GTX N96 hood you can have for the cost of freight. I am awaiting my fiberglass six pack hood so I will have a crate to ship it once it arrives. Send me an message if you are interested. It is in good, rust free shape. It's been blasted, epoxied and painted and currently on my car.

Mark

That would make a cool calendar too!!!....
Maybe recoup some of your investment...

i can see someone retiring early from doing bodywork and getting into something else.
there are much easier ways to make a buck..

I have a 1969 GTX N96 hood you can have for the cost of freight. I am awaiting my fiberglass six pack hood so I will have a crate to ship it once it arrives. Send me an message if you are interested. It is in good, rust free shape. It's been blasted, epoxied and painted and currently on my car.

Mark
Thank you! That's great! When I create the plaque for the hood, I will give you mention for your d
That would make a cool calendar too!!!....
Maybe recoup some of your investment...
That's a great idea, thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back