• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for American Racing Outlaw or Centerline wheels w/ 5" backspacing

Jon JB Burnley

Local time
5:00 PM
Reaction score
HELP!!!

I am trying to find a site that will let me order wheels like the ones I have attached.

Need:

15 x 10 with 5" backspacing

and

15 x 8 with 4" backspacing

Thought I had everything perfect with a set of knock off Centerlines, (eBay) but the BS was wrong on the rears! I know... Get what you paid for!
rotz.gif

Every place I have visited do not offer the correct backspacing I need. They don't go more than 4" on the 10's... Now I have seen Centerlines on Jegs, but GAHHHHH!!! Damn! Why are Centerlines soooo much more expensive than American Racing?!?!?!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Wheel.png

Might be some good used ones. Start a wanted thread.

First off, I don't know who is making centerlines now, I expect china.
The original Centerline Tool Co. wheels were spun aluminum, riveted together, so various front and rear halves could be combined, for a variety of backspace. I don't know about the current "centerlines"
The copies are so much cheaper cause they are just cast one piece, no option for backspace, what they build is what they build.
I am not familiar with what was originally available in 15x10 centerlines, but I know the 15x8 were offered with 3 5/16, or 4 7/8 bs. I have a pair of the 4 7/8 in use.
I also have what was an available version of the 15x10, made with a 15x7 front and a 15x14 rear half, so 15x10 1/2 with 7" backspace. Those were made on the 5 on 4 pattern, so really oddball. The 15x12 cl's I have, have about a 6" backspace.
The American Racing outlaws you are looking at are one piece cast, so there are NO options for backspace, anywhere. Custom tt2 ARE available from American racing..... but they will make the centerlines look cheap (inexpensive).

Last edited:
First off, I don't know who is making centerlines now, I expect china.
The original Centerline Tool Co. wheels were spun aluminum, riveted together, so various front and rear halves could be combined, for a variety of backspace. I don't know about the current "centerlines"
The copies are so much cheaper cause they are just cast one piece, no option for backspace, what they build is what they build.
I am not familiar with what was originally available in 15x10 centerlines, but I know the 15x8 were offered with 3 5/16, or 4 7/8 bs. I have a pair of the 4 7/8 in use.
I also have what was an available version of the 15x10, made with a 15x7 front and a 15x14 rear half, so 15x10 1/2 with 7" backspace. Those were made on the 5 on 4 pattern, so really oddball. The 15x12 cl's I have, have about a 6" backspace.
The American Racing outlaws you are looking at are one piece cast, so there are NO options for backspace, anywhere. Custom tt2 ARE available from American racing..... but they will make the centerlines look cheap (inexpensive).

Thanks for the info... What I am probably going to do is keep the front set I got, they should work fine. Return the rear set and order the Centerlines from Jegs with correct backspacing.

Between the higher cost thru Jegs and lower cost thru Ebay, I will come out with reasonable priced wheel package.

Going to wait a few days to see what other info pops up.

Auto Transport Service
Back