• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Auto Transport from Calgary, Canada to Washington state

Slant 6 Music

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
I'm all pumped up to be back into a classic Mopar! Just bought a car...71 numbers V code GTX! Wanted one of these forever!

The car is in Calgary and I need to have an enclosed truck to bring to Everett WA.

Does anyone out there know driver's in this area that they trust? Not looking for brokers. Prefer import/export experienced to do the proper paperwork. Any suggestion appreciated. Thanks!

71ply105167-6.jpg

I’ll drive it to Vancouver Canada for you and you can cross the border there and pick it up/import it yourself! Nice car, I’ve only ever seen that one once and I’ve been here most my life.

Last edited:
I would not trust anyone up here. A friend of mine got burnt 1600 to a truck trailer driver. I would call a long haul. And let them do the broker work as well. It just has to be a runner and have a e brake that works. Were only a 12 hour drive from Calgary to Vancouver. Fly here and drive back.

if you go through a carrier you need
broker documents ,the carrier sets that up.

not sure if you need any paper work. Its a US made car going back to the US. Also. Yoo need the registration paper from the owner. So you can get a title for that when it goes to Washington.

Here. I sold a 68 Mustang fastback to a guy in Chicago.

we used this company.
You need to talk to your seller you need 2 copies of the bill of sale a copy of the registration, and a copy of the owners drivers licence. And put in the center console. Livingston is the transport. Give then a call. They were good and fast.
F5F12F14-E0CB-4A2E-BDE9-BF741C52836E.png

TFX international handles all the stuff going to Barrett from here an do this all the time.
Import brokerage et al

Thanks guys. I must not have my profile set up. I didn't get an email showing the responses. I would like to go up there and bring it back, but don't meet canadian requirements to enter the country. Don't think I would want to drive it back this far anyway without knowing the car better. Don't own a trailer. Yes, it's a very nice car. I'm beyond anxious to get it going. I can't even get brokers to call me back except out of Miami.....

I’ll drive it to Vancouver Canada for you and you can cross the border there and pick it up/import it yourself! Nice car, I’ve only ever seen that one once and I’ve been here most my life.
I'll put up the story about it after I get the freight taken care of. Very interesting.

Reliable Carriers

used to be really good, professional & competitively priced
(Late 90's early 2000's)

hell they took care of a 68 Barracuda roller
I bought in Minn.
& shipped it to Concord Ca.
'as if it was a show car', it was way over insured too,
the driver put covers on the fenders & interior even
all at no extra costs
He said;
they treat all of the cars as if they were a $1,000,000 cars
I barely beat them to my home, delivered at my doorstep
after returning to Concord, from an NHRA Race in Brainard
where I bought the car being shipped home
(IIRC it was like $1400-$1600 back then in a covered climate-controlled trailer)

the brokers' angle, route
always seemed 'sort of shady' to me

unless you know someone

most
wouldn't ever return my calls
that's last thing I wanted when having a car shipped

prices were all over the map, most were way higher
& didn't have the guarantee Reliable Carriers had

haven't done anything across US Canadian borders with any cars
except driving thru BC & Yukon
when going up & back to Alaska several times

we weren't in a Plandemic BS either, border restrictions BS

when I went, there were no issues at the borders
in either direction

Reliable Carriers

used to be really good, professional & competitively priced
(Late 90's early 2000's)

we weren't in a Plandemic BS either, border restrictions BS

when I went, there were no issues at the borders
in either direction
The border is a big issue. So are shady brokers. Wish I could just get it myself. It's only 700 miles away. Reliable doesn't do this corridor over here to Canada. I'm signing up with TFX International. They own about 30 trucks and deliver alot of the BJ auction stuff and specifically cars with trailers set up for it. Again, because of the "pandemic" stuff, everything backed up everywhere, so looks like a couple of months to get the car. Fortunately, the seller is cool about it and has climate controlled storage.

I used TFX International. They were meh to deal with in terms of information flow back and forth in a timely manner. They do specialize in trucks with enclosed trailers. Supposedly they bring all the BJ cars down to their auction. But they were crazy expensive, but then so is everything now. The inside of their trailers looked like typical dirty vehicles. No padding on the walls or anything. Driver was a nice guy, but almost went into the wall a couple of times backing it out! He did however forget to give me the most important document with the car delivery. The approved 7501 document for customs. Took me months to get it. Without it, you can't transfer title.

What you're going to discover is that you are going to have to wait for long periods of time to get answers and that prices are going to be high. If you don't need an enclosed trailer, then you will have more choices and much lower price. The upside to them is that they are just in the car hauling business and you don't need to get a broker. They handle all of the paperwork. BTW, don't call brokers if you don't want to be hassled for a month afterwards to see if you still need a lift. This after you tell them no 10 times! Good luck.

I used these guys because they were one of the few shippers in the western corridor. I was coming from Canada to Wash state. They are a Canadian company.

Auto Transport Service
Back