• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a reputable car transport company

hammond472

Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
Hello members. I'm relocating to Vermont from California. I picked up an old fixer upper farm house with a barn and a garage on acreage! It's complicated but my youngest son has been in a rehab for the last few years. I promised him a fresh start when he gets out where we can build cars, go to car shows, go fishing, spend time with our dogs and basically live a more simple life. He is doing great. His grades are excellent and he's really excited about the move. He is doing his part and I am very proud of him. I am looking for an auto transport company that is trustworthy and reliable. I have been getting the runaround with car brokers for the last two months. I have 6 cars, two jet dragsters and their trailers that I need to ship. I have discovered that the auto shipping business is filled with scammers and thieves and flakes. I can't afford to have the price double or triple on delivery as I have pretty much already committed financial suicide making this happen for him but it's ok. He's totally worth it. I'm running out of time and trying to deliver what I promised him. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting out of that shithole!!! Prepare to open the wallet and cough!!! I moved a 66-300 and a A-100 van with Reliable last X-mas time and paid almost 7k from Reno to the mid-south region of USA. They gave me a quote that was good till the end of the year, just when things were starting to get really expensive, the window was for like 3+ months on the quote. Good Luck

X3 Reliable Carriers

been years since using them, but they were/are top notch
still competitively priced too, great service & contact

Thanks for the response! I had to wait until my youngest turned 18 to get out. I was born and raised here but the state has gone down hill fast. It is over crowded and has become a real toilet bowl. I'm 50 and most of my friends were in their 70s and 80s. I have great respect for the older generations. They knew what was important and had a significantly better quality of life. Sadly most of them are gone. When I was a kid I thought that I would never leave here but it is not the same anymore. Now its toxic and no amount of money makes it worth being here. The snow will be a real adjustment but being able to fish in our back yard, doze out a dirt bike track, grow delicious food, breath clean air, wake up to beautiful views, hunt, have a huge shop, no water shortage etc will make it worth the effort. I think that even our dogs will be happier.

Now its toxic and no amount of money makes it worth being here. grow delicious food, breath clean air,
****! I grew some of the best produce ever in my backyard in Vacaville, what are you talking about? That's about all that state is good for is growing food, but they've fucked that up too! At least you won't have to breathe agricultural waste and smoke!

I can honestly highly recommend passport transport.

****! I grew some of the best produce ever in my backyard in Vacaville, what are you talking about? That's about all that state is good for is growing food, but they've fucked that up too! At least you won't have to breathe agricultural waste and smoke!
I was referring to the early picked dark warehouse ripened pulpy flavorless crap. Farm fresh tastes amazing but sadly a lot of people will never know the difference.
I spent a lot of my childhood at my godmother's berry farm in Los Gatos eating the most delicious sun ripened apricots, peaches, pears, cherries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, tomatoes, grapes etc right off the vine. Those are some of my fondest memories. Her farm was later developed into where hwy 17 and hwy 85 intersect. Our new house looks a lot like her farmhouse. The front door opens into the kitchen just like hers and everyone who visits with be greeted with a smile and a home cooked meal just like she did for us.

On my way, see ya in few!

Intercity Transport. Used several times. They're good for what they quote. They're drivers are employees and not fly by night sub-contractors. Constant communications on the journey. For my money and love of my ride - They'll get my business every time.

busbusiness every-time.
79BB3ED1-B6DC-49DC-804B-481737E1D2E7.jpeg

I was referring to Hammond472…..front door opens to the kitchen and everyone who visits will be treated to a home cooked meal.

House hasn’t sold yet.

I was referring to Hammond472…..front door opens to the kitchen and everyone who visits will be treated to a home cooked meal.

House hasn’t sold yet.
We'll be regulars every Thanksgiving......

Best of luck to you and your son. That's tough to go through and I commend your dedication.

I'm in the minority here I know, but I've had very good results with 4 Corners Transport Services out of Washington state. This is a broker, but he's come through for me every time I've needed a haul. They've an online quote request form that's easy to use. The best part about using them was you don't pay anything until the haul is scheduled, and then you only pay the broker fee. You pay the carrier at delivery. I like that as an incentive for the hauler to get to you.

Others wanted payment in full up front. I fell for that one time, with a big name hauler, on a time critical pickup which they committed to do. Once they got the money they announced they had a two day window to work with. Played hell getting my money back from those clowns.

As a reference, look up transportreviews.com for feedback on carriers. I found it very helpful.

I don't know about the others but DO NOT use Road Runner Transport! They are terrible! Your car will arrive with damage!

Do what you must my friend - but I highly recommend not using a broker - who in turn farms the load out to subs. You want an outfit that has ownership of the whole nine yards.

I either do horseless carriage for covered transport or uhaul my stuff uncovered.

We already have purchased the house and finally got our household contents and the cars booked for transport but we are still researching and waiting on quotes for the jet dragsters and their trailers. Being their uniqueness and the fact that they are irreplaceable i figured that the best place for advice would be here. The jets are trailered and ready to load. We will be driving a rental truck with the rest of the stuff that the movers wouldn't take... Welding bottles, engines, transmission, misc Mopar parts etc and of course our dog. It's been a nightmare with logistics to get everything out there at once but we are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks to everyone for the great advice. It is extremely appreciated. I can't wait to get settled and start turning the wrenches with my son. We have never been to Vermont and don't know anyone there yet so it will be quite the adventure. If any of you are ever in the area feel free to come. Thanks again! Brendan
IMG_20220818_144354512_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220818_144323807_HDR.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back