• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Looking for bronze tip fuel pump pushrod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the ARP website and it states that their Chevy fuel pump pushrods are not for use with roller cams, as they do not offer bronze tipped fuel pushrods. The other issue I have already seen is most of them are made from a thin wall tubing with the one end welded shut and the other end they pressed a bronze tip in. Since the Mopar rod is smaller on both ends it would cut away all of the wall thickness or make the tubing to thin for a reliable service. So looks like you can forget trying to cut a Chevy part down.

The hot set up would be to use a hollow carbon fiber tube cut to size and then turn a piece for the one end from 4140 PH (Pre Hard) rod. Then turn the piece for the other end from Bronze and epoxy the end pieces into the tube. This would be the ultimate pushrod, or the tube could just be made from 4140 thick wall tubing. However if I wanted one for myself the carbon fiber tube would be the direction I would pursue.

Tom
Good idea about using carbon fiber with the bronze tip.

Wouldn't surprise me.
You can count me on that list. Fred ate the Comp Cam rod in short order a few years back.
I've got a brand new Howard's still in the package hanging on the wall in the garage, but never
installed it after reading bad reviews on it also - so I run an old original that's not optimal.
Hey @Mr. Cranky - do you know if those you have are still the correct 3.22" long?

You can count me on that list. Fred ate the Comp Cam rod in short order a few years back.
I've got a brand new Howard's still in the package hanging on the wall in the garage, but never
installed it after reading bad reviews on it also - so I run an old original that's not optimal.
Hey @Mr. Cranky - do you know if those you have are still the correct 3.22" long?
I measured them awhile back and they were real close......but will measure again. PM sent.

Didn't realize this was 'supposed' to be a classified ad.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back