• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Bruce from Carlisle

dartforforty

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
Long shot here.
Met a guy at Carlisle about 6 years ago I believe his name was Bruce from a southern state, Georgia or some place like that.
He had vendor spaces in the high numbers of row O across from me in row P.
He was selling re-chromed bumpers. I gave him a rear bumper core which was dent free to re-chrome for me, it was from a 64 Plymouth B-Body.
Needless to say I never saw him or my bumper again.
No money exchanged hands just the bumper core.
I will gladly pay him for the re-chrome if he did it, if not I just want my bumper back.
No grudge held here.

Ed

6 years ago....why wait so long?
no contact info or bad contact info for Bruce at time of bumper handoff ??
no business card??...most vendors at least the big ones all gave out cards..
and again...6 years??!!

He had vendor spaces in the high numbers of row O across from me in row P.
try seeing if theres records somewheres for that day and vendors.

Lost his business card. And I have been asking people over the years at Carlisle and other places if they knew of him.
My reason to get the bumper back is for a new project.
With Carlisle coming up in July figured it may rattle some ones memory.

Ed

If nothing else give me some cash or the bumper.
The bumper came off of a 64 Belvedere that I had purchased. The car was from California and the bumper was straight, no dents, and no rust, just the peppering of the chrome.
I would be surprised if the guy still has it after six years!

I would be surprised if he was still alive after seeing how he used to party at Carlisle.

I’m at Carlisle now. If it doesn’t thunder shower I’ll be going again tomorrow. I remember seeing one booth today with a lot of rechromed bumpers called “the bumper boys”. If this rings a bell PM me and I can ask.

By the way spring Carlisle sucked this year. Little to no mopar stuff and too many antique booths! I’ll have to come back for Chrysler Carlisle.

I’m at Carlisle now. If it doesn’t thunder shower I’ll be going again tomorrow. I remember seeing one booth today with a lot of rechromed bumpers called “the bumper boys”. If this rings a bell PM me and I can ask.

By the way spring Carlisle sucked this year. Little to no mopar stuff and too many antique booths! I’ll have to come back for Chrysler Carlisle.

Thanks for the reply. It was not the bumper boyze. This guy was a small time vendor. He was at the Chrysler at Carlisle show.

Auto Transport Service
Back