• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for color name of this 1962 Fury carpet

John Keyburn

Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, I was hoping someone could help me figure out the name of this 1962 Plymouth Fury Carpet
(I don't think its #39 DkCopper... see below)

1674246173992.png

Maybe #3 EmberGlow?, either way if someone knows the factory color name or a site that has interior documentation , that would be great.
1674246692422.png

I'm not sure where you got the color chart from. Looks like the chart from ACC. ACC is the only carpet manufacturer anymore. They bought out everyone that had carpet.
Flooring Material & Color | Auto Custom Carpets
These cars being 50+ years old the name of the colors have changed quite a bit. ACC will send you a sample or samples upon request. Find a place like under your back seat where the sun didn't fade it and try to match.

My '62 Dodge interior has close to the same color on the dash and other areas as your Plymouth. The carpet was originally a very dark brown. I didn't like the look of it so I picked a Rose Beige for the carpet. I like it much better. You might have to settle for something close if you can't find the exact color. Yours might be the Dark Saddle. Good luck!
20210704_120303.jpg

Last edited:
Khryslerkid,
Thanks for the tips!, and yes that list of colors is from ACC. However my 62 Savoy came with the low end black molded rubber flooring, so I have nothing to compare it to. The photo I referenced is a screenshot from a youtube video of a 1962 Fury in Luminous Cordovan(my favorite color for these). Below is the video, its a fun watch
(wish I saw this car in time, what a deal it would have been!)

I'm leaning towards Rose Beige, but if I knew which of the ACC colors was closest to that car, I do like the contrast of the somewhat darker flooring. Did you happen to save any scraps of your old carpeting that you could show a photo of laying on top of what you have now?

I'm not sure where you got the color chart from. Looks like the chart from ACC. ACC is the only carpet manufacturer anymore. They bought out everyone that had carpet.
Flooring Material & Color | Auto Custom Carpets
These cars being 50+ years old the name of the colors have changed quite a bit. ACC will send you a sample or samples upon request. Find a place like under your back seat where the sun didn't fade it and try to match.

My '62 Dodge interior has close to the same color on the dash and other areas as your Plymouth. The carpet was originally a very dark brown. I didn't like the look of it so I picked a Rose Beige for the carpet. I like it much better. You might have to settle for something close if you can't find the exact color. Yours might be the Dark Saddle. Good luck!

Did you happen to save any scraps of your old carpeting that you could show a photo of laying on top of what you have now?

You're lucky I don't throw everything out! Lol

The only carpet in my car was what was on both sides of the console. The rest had been removed and didn't come with the car.

I took these out in the sun...
20230124_142006.jpg

This is taken over one of the Rose Beige ACC mats that are available also. Exact carpet used.
20230124_142901.jpg

You're lucky I don't throw everything out! Lol

The only carpet in my car was what was on both sides of the console. The rest had been removed and didn't come with the car.

KhryslerKid, I’ll say I’m lucky! Amazing you still have them and thanks for the quick turnaround on the photos!

That may be the color I’m after, given the Polara and Fury are equal trim levels for their respective makes.

Would you say that piece you have had a reddish-ness or wine hue to the brown to it like a cordovan would? Also, I would not want to ask you to cut a piece off of those center console sides… if you have a scrap from when you redid the carpeting would you cut of and USPS me a piece, I’m also in eastern PA in Bucks County near Washingtons Crossing(if you know your American History) send me a PM and we’ll work it out

If I had a piece of that orig carpet you have in my hands I’d be able to settle the question on the new name of that old stock carpet color!

Here is a multi piece sample Don from AutoMatStore sent me, it’s who I’m ordering the carpet and mats from… super nice ACC reseller (plus more I’m sure)
image.jpg

KhryslerKid, I’ll say I’m lucky! Amazing you still have them and thanks for the quick turnaround on the photos!

That may be the color I’m after, given the Polara and Fury are equal trim levels for their respective makes.

Would you say that piece you have had a reddish-ness or wine hue to the brown to it like a cordovan would? Also, I would not want to ask you to cut a piece off of those center console sides… if you have a scrap from when you redid the carpeting would you cut of and USPS me a piece, I’m also in eastern PA in Bucks County near Washingtons Crossing(if you know your American History) send me a PM and we’ll work it out

If I had a piece of that orig carpet you have in my hands I’d be able to settle the question on the new name of that old stock carpet color!

Here is a multi piece sample Don from AutoMatStore sent me, it’s who I’m ordering the carpet and mats from… super nice ACC reseller (plus more I’m sure)
View attachment 1407233

PM sent.

Subscribed as I have a 62 Dodge 440 that needs the same color carpet. Remember KK saying he used the Rose Beige but that might be too much of that color as it seems everything else was that color also. Bought some Cordovan paint to redo the stripe on the side and think the original carpet was close to the column color. I was going to confirm by pulling up a sill plate to check as mine has faded to an odd color. When color matching the column the closest formula that came back was called Chestnut. John let us know what color you come up with.

That looks to be the original color in my 62 Belvedere too. I couldn't find a match when I replaced it a few years ago. It was adark red/brown with tight pile. It did not look looped. I use to have a piece of it saved.
CAM00051.jpg

Subscribed as I have a 62 Dodge 440 that needs the same color carpet. Remember KK saying he used the Rose Beige but that might be too much of that color as it seems everything else was that color also. Bought some Cordovan paint to redo the stripe on the side...
Part Stalker,
Will do. Don over at AutoMatStore has been helpful in sending me out some samples rather quick. Khryslerkig and me are going to try to match those samples to the original side carpet console pieces he saved.

That looks to be the original color in my 62 Belvedere too. I couldn't find a match when I replaced it a few years ago. It was adark red/brown with tight pile. It did not look looped. I use to have a piece of it saved...
Threewood. if you can find a piece of that original carpet that you hve saved and its large enough that you wouldn't mind sutting a piece and mailing it over that would be awesome.

Threewood. if you can find a piece of that original carpet that you hve saved and its large enough that you wouldn't mind sutting a piece and mailing it over that would be awesome.
Let me go through some boxes and see if I still have it.

Auto Transport Service
Back