• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for engine/trans/docs: 1969 Sport Satellite RP27F9G236952

MarkLevi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
Originally titled in Pennsylvania; last titled in Illinois in around ~2000. Now mine in Wisconsin. Incomplete project car; vert top is there. Green/Black/Black
Support/Fender/VIN/Trunk/Title #'s all kosher. Original engine and trans MIA....I suppose it becomes GTX-ish as I have a 440/727 with no home. Would return to 318/904 if originals ever turned up, but ice-cube's chance in Hades of that I expect. Probably made into rebar decades ago....

A01 C16 C55 G33 L31 M25 M31 R22 V7X

Oddly, P37 Power Top not tag-coded, but pump and cylinders are there....maybe GTX and S-Sat vert automatically got that? Maybe it was added? - I wouldn't know how to tell on that item. 8-track and 3-speaker are there...doubtful they work, tho.

Thanks
Mark

P37 is standard on 1969 b-bodies.

ever seen one without it?

P37 is standard on 1969 b-bodies.
I think you're correct - and possibly even "narrow" on your bracketing: I don't see any 45x power code in the earlier 3-digit '62-'68 code sets. I don't see the option ("P3_" Top or Pwr Tailgate window) even appear on a broadcast sheet until 1970 (69 only denotes P35 tailgate in a solo slot). My '71 Challenger has the P37 on both the fender tag and the broadcast - obviously last year of 'verts for the "vintage". My other '69 Satellite (RH27) doesn't code. If memory serves, weren't all 1969 Plymouth B-body convert's built in St Louis?

If there's something like this for Plymouth on Ham. Hist., I haven't found and copied it (yet), but I have this on Coronet.

M
69vert.jpg

I think you're correct - and possibly even "narrow" on your bracketing: I don't see any 45x power code in the earlier 3-digit '62-'68 code sets. I don't see the option ("P3_" Top or Pwr Tailgate window) even appear on a broadcast sheet until 1970 (69 only denotes P35 tailgate in a solo slot). My '71 Challenger has the P37 on both the fender tag and the broadcast - obviously last year of 'verts for the "vintage". My other '69 Satellite (RH27) doesn't code. If memory serves, weren't all 1969 Plymouth B-body convert's built in St Louis?

Power tops were standard on '69 A, B and C bodies.
Not all options are coded on tags. I don't think you will find P37 on a 69 fender tag.
All 69 B body convertibles were built at the St. Louis plant.

Auto Transport Service
Back