• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Help with 3 speed.wiper motor conversion on my 69 Superbee please

cj's mopar

Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
I have a new/rebuilt passion 3speed wiper conversion tha I have recently got around to installing .
It was a nice looking rebuild from Passion for mopars don't this Kim is around any more.

I have a 3speed switch from her as well but I can not seam to make it work .

Car was originally a two speed car .

Not sure if I am missing something or not can anyone with experience in this help walk me through?

Wire diagrams don't seam to be clear on this that I have and not sure how to test the switch .

There is an extra terminal on the 3-speed switch. The connector for that is usually taped to the harness pretty close to the main connector.

Do you remember what the extra one looks like is it single.square type black ? What Color wire ? I have brown single wires going to washer pump switch and that looks like it loops.back to wiper switch I have try several configuration connections and I can't get this thing to work.
I have power to the pink terminal and I have tried adding a additional ground to the cluster frame .

Square, probably black. The FSM will tell you what color the wire is.

1659901705993.png

Thank You you guys are awesome!
I will check this out tonight .

Update I bench test motor , low, high and park works .
Check bulk head connector all wires clean and present .
Checked connections at back of switch all are present I thought it might have been the black single connector at the bottom of the switch . But it was not that .
All the connections are there and I have power going to the pink wire but nothing coming out on anything.
No speeds no park nothing .
Next step is to pull the cluster again and bench test switch .
Or try another switch.
Are the 3 speed switch available new or does somebody rebuild them ?

You can "bench test" the switch at the bulkhead connector or at the motor connector. Do that before you pull out the cluster !!

What about the motor grounds? I "think" there are two grounds. One is the brass strap and the other is in the harness (I think). Check the grounds first.

For example, if you had the motor out to bench test then hook it up and just lay it on the fender, it won't have any grounds and therefore won't work - at all !! As well if you bolt it in the ground goes through the stud BUT if the stud is covered in paint it won't be able to make a contact.

Thanks for help I think motor is grounded ok I should of said I bench test the motor in the the car to see if it worked or not it does.
I will try to do the continuity tests on the switch at bulk head firewall side tonight

One more question I have power to the pink wire shouldn't I have at least low speed or high speed if the switch was failing ?
Or does these switch completely fail ?

I do believe a switch can completely fail - if the contacts are burned - which is usually the case. If it does appear the switch is buggered you have nothing to lose by taking it apart yourself and cleaning the contacts if that's the issue.

Auto Transport Service
Back