• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for info on this car

Heat-Med

Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
Anyone recognize this car? I purchased it in August 2023 from a flipper in San Diego, CA. He was aware of the previous owner, but said it was complicated or something of the sort. Appears to have had some sort of rotisserie restoration at some point. It appears to be a numbers matching 1968 Coronet R/T. I would love to learn more about it. Note: I tried to reach out to the previous CA, titled owner without success.

Note: Most of the pics posted are from the initial website, not mine. fyi.

IMG_7007.jpeg

IMG_7008.jpeg

IMG_7009.jpeg

IMG_7004.jpeg

IMG_7001.jpeg

IMG_6999.jpeg

IMG_2098.jpeg

IMG_7006.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, it seems that someone put a lot of effort into it. The bodywork is smooth as can be and appears mostly original panels with the exception of the center trunk pan.

I'm admitted non-fan of green. So, consider my compliment from the source... that car is a beauty !! And, a 68 Coronet/Super Bee has one of the best asses ever designed. Love your car !

Could have closed my eyes and guessed the color.
That sure is a nice Coronet :thumbsup:

Yep, good lookin' car right there.

My dad bought a 68 R/T new. Bought a 500 for my sister. Yep. Green.
Chrysler musta' got a hell of a deal on that paint.
68 is one of my all time favorite B Body.

My dad bought a 68 R/T new. Bought a 500 for my sister. Yep. Green.
Chrysler musta' got a hell of a deal on that paint.
68 is one of my all time favorite B Body.
Supposed to be 68 GG1. Wasn’t a fan of the color at first, but it is growing on me.

Had a 69 Plymouth Sport Satellite in that green color, was the best looking car I ever had a real head
turner, tricolor green, so a couple a years ago I found a 69 RR just like it. Guess what, I have it now and
it is a beauty. Exact same car except no buddy seat between the buckets. Still a head turner!

Hmm, first choice was a 68’Charger but they are hard to find and ridiculous in price. 68’Coronet is a very close second in my book, but yes, I really like the clean coke bottle look of the Coronet. I am perfectly happy with this Coronet R/T!

Good luck with your search. Finding info in CA from DMV is a b*@tch at best. Trying to find info here too. BTW thats a keeper.

Auto Transport Service
Back