• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Looking for Mopar converted to a 6 pack setup to test fit my air cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam dupont

Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
I made an air cleaner for my Dodge and I think it might be something that would sell. Maybe not, but that's okay, I built it for me and I'll use it. Beyond that, it's all fun. Living in the boonies, there are no 6 pack cars around here to test fit and I think it would be good to see what it will fit before offering it for sale. I will send the air cleaner, with postage paid both ways, a few cans of Play-doh, a burger, and a beer.

I came up with the piece as an alternative to the big orange thing on my '66 Charger/6-pack. Maybe it's what I'm used to, but to me, the orange assemblies look more at home on the newer Dodges and Plymouths. I would like to start with any 1960's B-Body cars that have a 6-pack and stock hood. Not A12's or N96's, but cars without holes in the hood. I think it will look best on a '64 Polara.

I'm still doing prep for paint, so no pictures yet, but I do want to show it off.

If you have a car or know of one that could be used, please Private Message me. When I have photos to post, I will start a Thread detailing the thing from beginning to end with pictures of how it was made. Teaser: I made a table lamp with the first attempt

I forgot to say: no modifications are needed, other than removing the two studs for the lid. My air cleaner uses a different fastening method. Nothing needs to be installed, it will just sit there without fastening.

Id be willing to help--I own a 70 Challenger with the 440 6-pack set up--have the factory steel breather assy--let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back